Chapter 1

We robbed the grocery store like a piece of cake, only to find out that we actually robbed from a man named Rio. The leader of some gang counterfeiting money. We ended up making a deal to get the money back for him and when we couldn't get enough together by our deadline, we ended up doing a job for him. Which is how we found out about all this in the end. Then to top it all off Beth decided it was a GREAT idea to volunteer us all for another job, this one was not as easy. Turned out that we had to help an injured man who worked for him. At first, we thought he was a really shitty person but after he did a little favor for Annie and got some bullies off Sadie's back, it definitely changed both mine and Annie's opinion of him.

I had moved out of Jeff's house and got myself a nice secure apartment a little out of town so that I wouldn't be as obvious to find. It had been 2 weeks since he has been out and so far, I had succeeded in not hearing from him which I was super thrilled about. I was currently hanging out at Annie's house who was feeling pretty down lately with everything on with Sadie and her dad.

"Annie, it's going to be okay. You're a great mom and Sadie loves you and wants to be here with you to and I'm sure they will take that into account." I say rubbing her back soothingly.

"I hope so, thank you for coming over here. Especially with Jeff being out of prison now." she says.

"It's no problem, you know I'm always here if you need me. You're my sister and I love you and plus I haven't heard from him at all so I think I'm okay." I say and she gives a small chuckle.

"You know I'm the one that's supposed to be here for you technically? I'm the older one." she says and I laugh.

"That's why we have mama bear Beth and even then, I would be there for her to. Were family it's what we do." I say smiling.

"Your right, want another drink?" she asks and I shake my head.

"I'll have to get going soon and I would hate to crash my beautiful new purple jeep wrangler." I say with a laugh.

"True enough, smoke a joint?" she asks and I giggle with a nod.

"You know I can never say no to a joint, but I'll be here for at least another hour if I do." I say.

"I'm not complaining, you could crash here if you want." she says.

"I would but I got work in the morning." I say.

"Oh right." she says sticking out her tongue. 

Suddenly my cell phone starts blaring and I quickly pick it up off the table and check the caller I.D. Unknown. Weird.

"Hello?" I say answering it cautiously. 

"Is this Milena Marie?" I hear a man ask.

"Yes, who is asking?" I ask curiously.

"This is the owner of the building you're currently living in. Your apartment has been broken into, one of your neighbours reported it to the police who are currently here,  are you able to come?" he says and I let out a gasp.

"Oh my god! Yes! I'll be there in 20!" I say before hanging up.

"Oh my god Annie, I got to go! Someone broke into my place." I shriek hoping it's not Jeff.

"Did you want me to come?" she asks.

"No, it's okay, my building owner is there and  the police, I should be okay. I'll call you once I'm done dealing with it." I say quickly pulling my jacket on.

"Okay be careful! I love you!" she yells.

"I love you too! Call you soon!" I yell running out of her apartment  and down to the main doors.

I quickly run towards my jeep and as i go to open my door, I'm suddenly slammed up against it.

"Get off!" I scream as my arms are pulled back and pinned behind my back.

"Ah my beautiful little Mina. I've been waiting for you." I hear a hoarse familiar voice whisper in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"Jeff." I breathe out in fear, hoping by some miracle i was wrong. 

"In the flesh." He says as his breath blows across my ear.