Chapter 17

Once we are done in the shower, I pull on a new one of Rio's shirts before going back out to the kitchen.

"You know I'm really going to have to go get some clothes at some point." I say.

"I can send Eddy to go get some for you." he says and I frown.

"Can't I go with?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Not yet mami." he says and I sigh.

"I have to step out again for a bit and deal with some more business do you want me to bring you some supper when I get back?" he asks when something suddenly came into my mind.

"Yes please, can I ask something quick before you go?" I ask jumping back up on the counter and sitting down as he came over to me placing his hands on my thighs and softly rubbing them.

"Of course, mami." he says.

"Do you use condoms with the other girls you sleep with? I'm just asking because we haven't used a condom the last few times and I don't want to get anything." I ask anxiously, nervous to what he might say.

Truth was, as much as I didn't want to think about Rio with another woman. I also knew that he was a gang leader and just because I was special didn't make me the only one. I intrigued him and that was all. I would be crazy to think I was the only one.

He smirks before giving my thighs a slight squeeze.

"Don't worry mami, you don't have anything and won't get anything. Promise." he tells me seriously, but i can see the amusement in his eyes.

"Alright. Thank you." I say and he nods his head.

He looks at me over one last time before turning around and heading out the door. I grabbed my tea and heat it up before going and sitting on the couch. I turn on TV as I lay back and sip my tea.

*******************************************************************************************

2 hours pass and I see my phone light up showing a text from Annie saying Beth had gotten pulled over and she was the one with Rio's truck and that she didn't know what happened yet but that as soon as she heard she would tell me. I texted her a quick thank you before sitting back and trying to relax as anxiety began to course through me. I could only hope whatever was in there, wasn't imprisoning.

Another hour passed and Rio burst through the door slamming it shut with a pissed off look on his face. Feeling worried myself about Beth, I almost didn't want to ask what was going on, scared of what he might say but I knew I had to.

"What happened?" I ask and he lets out a groan.

"Your bitch of a sister Beth, lost her shit and threw the keys right in my fucking face and I'm done with her and all of you." he says anger and frustration lacing his tone.

"She was probably just upset and stressed, she got pulled over but thankfully not arrested but she could have been and she's a mom to four kids. That's a scary thing to go through." I say trying to get him to understand.

"It's whatever now, she's done, your all done. I'm done." he tells me gruffly.

"I understand." I tell him before getting up and going to the room.

I grab my now clean bra, underwear and Dean's shirt and put it all on and leave Rio's in the laundry basket.

I walk out see Rio sitting on the couch with his elbows on his knees and head between his hands as he rubs his temples. Not wanting to disturb him, I open his door and walk out and begin navigating my way to get out of his building and be on my way.

"Lena!" I hear his voice call and frown.

What did he want now?

"Lena!" he calls again, his voice sounding closer.

"Here." I say and within seconds he's in front of me.

"Where are you going mami?" he asks with his brow raised and his arms crossed.

"Home. You said you were done. I understand so I'm going now." I tell him, rolling my eyes.

I don't understand why he needed to ask.

"No mami, I didn't mean it like that. I meant with the money, I'm still going to protect you." he tells me.

"So, you still want me here?" I ask making sure I heard right.

"Yes mami." he says and I smile.

"Thank you." I say and he wraps his arm around me pulling me close as he starts to guide us back.

"Your welcome, but you need to stop running out here in almost nothing. Lots of men are working around here." he tells me and I giggle.

"Are you jealous?" I ask.

"Ha. Me, jealous? We're not even together mami." he replies and I smirk.

"So, I can go bang Eddy if I want to?" I ask and he looks down and narrows his eyes at me.

"No, Eddy is one of my men." he replies with slight annoyance in his tone and I simply roll my eyes.

"Were not together." I tell him.

"Eddy is off limits, all my men are. Why Eddy anyways?" he asks raising a brow.

"He's hot." I say with a shrug, as we reach his door.

"Not as good looking as me." he states and I giggle.

"Maybe not, but he's pretty damn close." I say with a smirk.

"You still hungry?" he asks changing the topic.

"Yes." I reply.

"I'll get food." he says before quickly leaving and I just sit back and giggle to myself.