Chapter 19

"I'll be right back." Eddy says hopping out.

He runs in and a few minutes later comes back out without Rio.

"Where is he?" I ask as Eddy gets back in.

"Coming." he tells me, before pulling the car up to the door.

"Please don't tell him about my reaction by the way." I say quickly and he nods as the back door across from mine opens.

I look over to see none other than Rio getting in and I bite my lip in excitement but not wanting to show how happy I was. As the door shuts Rio looks over to me and groans.

"I told Eddy not to bring you and I see you managed to get him to go against me and bring you anyway." he states with a blank face.

"I'm sorry, but I was just worried and I couldn't sit there and just patiently wait. I just needed to know you really did get out." I explain.

I really just needed to see him. Touch him. Know he was still here with me.

"Is that true now? How do I know you're not just lying and you really just want to know how I'm not in jail right now? Since you and your sisters and friend Ruby is it? Decided to narc on me." he growls and my jaw drops.

"I'm sorry what? Your telling me that Beth, Annie and Ruby did this?! That I'm in it to?! That's insane! Why would I do that? I haven't heard from them... OH MY GOD. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING." I say as the realization hits me.

So that was why I hadn't heard from them. They knew I would have never gone along with this. They were avoiding it or maybe hiding it and hoping I wouldn't know? Why would they do this? Especially when they know Rio is the one PROTECTING me right now.

"Oh, wow mami, you really didn't know, did you? Let me see your phone so I can be sure." he says and I hand it over to him still trying to wrap my head around it all.

"I just... I don't understand." I say with a frustrated sigh.

"I do, Beth wants to be on top. Well I'll show her, just what its really like running the show." he says with a smirk as he hands my phone back.

"Sorry mami." he says and I sigh.

"Please don't hurt her Rio, she must be going through something." I say, a bit anxious for her.

"Don't worry mami, I won't hurt her." he says with a smirk.

I turn away from him and look out the window and bite my lip. What have you done Beth?

Once we get back to the warehouse, Rio tells Eddy to take me back to his apartment and that he would be back later before taking the car and leaving. I was currently inside his apartment pacing from one end of the living room to the other trying my best to stay calm. I had tried to call the girls again, but yet again no one answered.

"Lena, you need to relax. You did what you could, but what happens now, there is nothing you can do. You should just sit back, relax and wait for Rio to get back." Eddy tells me, sitting on the couch looking torn.

"You know what the worst part is? That not only am I worried about Beth, Annie and Ruby, but I'm worried about Rio. The one who is doing god knows what right now." I say chewing on my bottom lip.

"That part is a little fucked yup, yeah, but let's not think about it. You know what I got a great idea." he says and I stop and look at him.

"What's that?" I ask with a raised brow.

"Let's split a joint. Right here, right now. I have one in my jacket and I have a lighter so were good to go and that should help relax you until hopefully Rio gets here or someone calls you back but if not, I'll get some more until you pass out." he says and I laugh.

"You know what, that's a great idea. Fuck it." I say going over and flopping on the couch beside him.

He pulls out the joint from his inside jacket pocket, lights it up, taking a few hits before passing it over to me.

"Smoke it all if you can." he tells me.

"You barely smoked it, help me out." I say, knowing I couldn't smoke one this large.

"I think you need it more than me right now." he says with a laugh.

"Smoke at least a bit more of it please." I insist.

"Fine." he says caving in.

-20 Minutes later-

"Fuck I'm high." I murmur laying on the couch with my head in his lap.

"Good." he chuckles.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask and he nods.

"I didn't think after Jeff I would want another relationship, every time I tried, I couldn't get past the first date. Then Rio comes swinging into my life, and I haven't felt as happy and safe with a man like I do now. I keep trying to tell myself I'm not developing feelings and that its just sex and protection, but honestly, I think I am catching feelings and I'm scared, especially because I know he doesn't feel this way. I'm setting myself up to fail but I don't want to stop it." I tell him, truthfully.

"You know, I'm not sure how Rio feels about you. I know he does care though. He does more for you then I have ever seen him do for someone. I hope for your sake and maybe for his too that he does have feelings for you, but if he doesn't, I think you need to find out soon so you don't get hurt. You deserve better than that." he says and I smile at him.

"Thank you Eddy, you have become such a good friend to me. I confide in you more than anyone really." I say and he grins.

"Sometimes the best of friends, come in the craziest of ways." he says and I laugh before getting caught off by a yawn.

"Let's put a movie on before I fall sleep." I say feeling tired.

Unfortunately, a movie didn't end up keeping me up, within a matter of 15 minutes of the movie starting, I was already starting to drift off.