Chapter 24

I stare at the bullet hole in Jeff's head and bite my lip to hold in a sob. I hadn't meant to kill him. Not yet. I wasn't ready. I just wanted him to shut up for a minute, so that I could think. Between Rio in my ear telling me to pull the trigger and Jeff begging me, apologizing and saying he loves me. Now he was dead and Rio was silent.

"Are you okay mami?" Rio asks softly bending down and picking up the gun I had dropped.

"No." I whisper.

"I didn't mean to do it. I wasn't ready yet." I say my voice cracking slightly.

"Oh mami." he chuckles.

I instantly become angry at the sound of it. How was this funny? Of all times to chuckle, this definitely wasn't the time and I was in no fucking mood to hear it.

"You think this is funny?" I ask with venom laced in my voice as I stand up and turn to face him.

"Woah mami, calm down. Take a breath." he says stepping towards me and stroking my cheek.

"It's not funny." I say gritting my teeth, doing my best not to let my anger get the best of me.

"It's kind of is." he says with another chuckle.

"How the fuck is it?" I snarl at him.

"Because mami, you didn't kill him." he says and my jaw drops, all anger leaving my body.

"Wait, what?" I question.

"You didn't PULL. THE. TRIGGER." he says again emphasizing the kill part of it.

"Then who?" I whisper.

I knew it wasn't Rio, he had both hands on me helping keep the aim of the gun. His hands had never left my body until I had dropped to the ground. So, who did it? No one else had even been there.

"It was me." I hear Eddy's all too familiar voice say and I whip around and see Eddy standing not too far from where we were.

"What? You weren't even here?" I ask confused.

"I got here when I seen Rio hand you the gun. I watched quietly and waited to see what would happen and the longer you held it the more I realized you were having an internal battle you weren't going to win, so I shot him. I did it, so you didn't have to make the choice and so that this piece of shit never hurts anyone else ever again." Eddy says.

I run towards and pull him into a tight hug.

"You shouldn't have done that." I whisper to him.

"I did what needed to be done." he tells me.

"I could have handled it." I tell him but he rolls his eyes.

"I have killed before Lena, and this man deserved it more than anyone I have ever killed. You're like a little sister to me. I can't explain it, but you have grown on me and I can't help but feel the need to watch out for you. Plus let's be honest, you couldn't handle it." he says with a small smirk at the end and I shake my head.

"I love you Eddy and thank you. Just so you know, were basically family now, and I'll always be here for you to." I tell him and he grins.

"Cute. Now is your guys little moment over? We have a body to take care of." Rio states with an irritated tone.

I walk over towards him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"Thank you, Rio. Not for pressuring me to kill someone, but I don't think it's a coincidence that you just HAPPENED to be outside Jeff's house." I say with a small giggle.

"Well originally Beth was going to be the one to do the deed, I was watching the house so we could plan the perfect time to get the deed done, instead this ended up happening. Now how about you go call one of your sisters to come get you, me and Eddy have to take care of him." Rio says pulling away from me.

"Do you think I could just stay with you? I could even help." I say.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Eddy says.

"I want to." I state blankly.

"Well mami, if you insist. You already witnessed it this far, might as well go all the way." he says.

"Lena." Eddy says giving me the "Don't do this" look.

"No Eddy, she wants to. We will let her do just that." Rio says before I can reply.

*******************************************************************************

After dealing with Jeff's dead body, I decided to get Eddy to drop me off at Beth's house. I couldn't go back to my apartment as I had already told them I was moving out when Jeff had put me under his spell again and I sure as hell wasn't going back to his house. Unless it was to burn it down, that is.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Beth asks as we sit on her couch drinking wine.

"Not yet." I say taking a large gulp of my drink.

"Well I'm here whenever you're ready. I'm just glad Rio had been there when he was, I don't even want to think about what could have happened to you." she says sadly.

"Well let's not think about it or talk about it anymore tonight. I'm alive, let's be joyful of that. Let's get this bottle gone." I say trying to change the subject.

"I can't drink anymore, if I do, I won't be able to get up and get the kids to school." she says and I sigh.

"True, I forgot it was only a week day. How about you go get some rest? I know you have had a lot of long nights. I'll be fine down here." I say.

"Are you sure Lena?" she asks and I nod.

"Alright, well if you need me come get me and if you want to come sleep in my bed feel free. I love you." she says hugging me tightly.

"I love you too, thank you." I say hugging her back.

She smiles at me before making her back up the stairs and heading to bed.