Chapter 1

I open my eyes with a gasp as freezing cold water is thrown over my body, I lurch up into a sitting position with my view, yet again, facing his sons room.

"First. The fuck all. You did not need to do that." I say extremely irritated, soaking and freezing.

"Second. The fuck all. I need a dry t-shirt, so you need to get me one." I continue getting more irritated at the fact that he is just standing there with a smirk.

"THIRD. The fuck all. I am NOT cleaning this up." I tell him.

"LASTLY. We are going to go the fuck, back downstairs and YOU mister! Have A LOT of explaining to do and let me fucking tell you this. You BETTER have a good explanation." I say as all my sass comes out in.

The smirk quickly drops from his face as he sees the look in my eye and he simply nods his head before walking towards 'our' room. I follow behind him and grab the shirt he hands to me before making my way inside the bathroom and finding a towel. I dry myself off before pulling on the shirt and making my way downstairs, to the living room.

As I reach the last step, I see Rio already sitting down and waiting for me.

Good.

Smart choice, I think to myself.

I walk over and sit away from him.

"Start taking." I simply tell him and he lets out a long sigh.

"7 years ago, I had a one-night stand with a girl I dated in high school. It had been like 4 or 5 years since I had last seen her at graduation. After some drinks, we ended up hooking up, condom broke. 9 months later and Marcus is born. She has him most the time but I get him every other weekend and I take him every day after school until bed time. During the summer I have him as much as possible." Rio tells me and I sit back silently, taking it all in.

"The reason I didn't tell you is because Marcus means everything to me, and I don't let very many people know about him because of who I am and I would never want anything to happen to him. By the time I realized just how much you meant to me, things were chaotic and I know you had a lot going on and you had just went through a traumatizing experience and I didn't want this to stress you out or overwhelm you or maybe trigger some more negative emotions. I'm really sorry, mami." he says and I look deep into his eyes and see just how sincere they truly are.

"I'll be honest. It's a lot and I will definitely need some time to wrap my head around all this. I understand why you didn't tell me, but please don't hide anything this big from me again please? EVEN if you don't think I can handle it. I love you and I would love nothing more than to be a part of your son's life. I'm just going to need a little time, maybe a night or two just to really take it all in." I tell him.

He gives me a small smile and moves closer before wrapping me into his arms.

"I love you so much Lena and I know Marcus is going to love you to. You take as much time as you need. When you're ready we will start with introducing you two and go from there at whatever pace you need, okay?" he says and I smile at him before leaning up and kissing him softly.

"Thank you. This all being said though, is there any drama with his mom that I should know of or prepare myself for?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Were friends and good at co-parenting and you don't ever have to worry about anything physical between us. I am 100% committed to being with you and she is married and very much in love." he says and I smile.

"You're truly amazing, you know that?" I say and he chuckles.

"Not as amazing as you are, mami." he says and I roll my eyes.

"So, are you ready to move in?" he asks and I nod my head happily.

"Fuck yes, I am!" I say excitedly.

"Well, let's go get your bags then." he says getting up with me in his arms.

"In just a t-shirt?" I ask with a raised brow.

"I'm sure you have enough clothes upstairs to throw something together." he replies as he begins in the direction of the stairs.

"I don't leave that much behind, do I?" I ask.

"Only enough to last a week." he says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Now your over-exaggerating." I tell him.

"Wait until you see it yourself, mami." he tells me.

With that he carries me up the stairs and into our new bedroom.