Chapter 8

Outfit ^

Trigger Warning: Light drug use

So far everything was going as planned. Eddy and Dean were doing good at getting the drinks into Rio and Annie and Eddy were doing good at smoking up with him. I did my best with help from Beth to make sure he was never around when I would get a drink, so that he wouldn't notice the lack of liquor. As for smoking, I simply told him I wasn't up for doing both tonight which he thankfully didn't question.

I watched carefully from the kitchen as Eddy took Rio outside and Beth quickly handed over the little baggy with the tablets and I quickly dropped them into his drink. I waited for them to completely dissolve before pouring a bit more alcohol and giving the drink a stir.

As soon as Eddy and Rio walked back into the room, I quickly grabbed his drink along with an identical looking one for Eddy and made my way towards them

"Here you go." I say handing them both the drinks.

"Thanks Lena!" Eddy says happily.

"Cheers to a great life." he says turning towards Rio.

They tap their glasses before they both chug their drinks back.

"Damn, Mami. You made that one strong." Rio says giving his head a small shake and I giggle.

"Sorry, I'm a performer not a bar tender." I joke and they laugh.

We all go and sit around the couch and make small talk until Rio passes out.

"Well I think it's time to go, ready Dean?" Beth asks him and he nods his head with a grin.

"See you soon Lena. Good luck with this one." he says with a chuckle as he comes over and hugs me goodbye.

"Thanks Dean, have a goodnight." I tell him before hugging Beth.

"Call me if you need me." she tells me as she pecks my cheek.

"You know I will." I say with a smile.

They both say goodbye to Annie and Eddy before making their way out.

"Did you want us to stay in case he wakes up or something?" Eddy asks and I bite my lip.

"Yes please." I say and they smile.

We sit and chat until I hear a knock at the door and I quickly get up and open it to see my doctor.

"Thanks again for doing this." I say and she gives me a small nod.

"Where is he?" she asks.

"Right this way." I tell her before leading her to the couch where he is passed out.

She does a couple tests to make sure he's perfectly asleep before preparing to take his blood.

We all sit there quietly and watch as she gets the needle and tube out, she easily inserts the needle and gets the blood, before taking it out and cleaning the spot and holding it until the little amount of blood stops.

"I will call you as soon as I have your results. It may take a few hours." she tells me as she puts all her stuff away.

"No problem, my phone will be on. Thank you again for doing this." I tell her and she nods her head.

"I hope this works out well for you Milena. Talk soon." she tells me before making her way out of the apartment.

"Well now that, that is over. Can you use help me get him upstairs?" I ask Annie and Eddy.

"Of course. Us two should be able to manage it." Annie says.

"I can help." I tell her but she shakes her head.

"Your pregnant, you shouldn't be lifting anything heavy. Even if it is still early. Now sit here and relax, order some Chinese or pizza." she says with a laugh and I roll my eyes.

"Chinese it is. Thank you." I tell her and she grins.

"Anytime." she says.

I watch as her and Eddy manage to get Rio off the couch and up the stairs before I get my phone out and order some food.

*************************************************************************************

We were all sitting around, playing a game when I suddenly hear my phone ring and quickly pick it up as I see my doctor's number pop up on the screen.

"Hello." I say quickly.

"Hello, Milena. I have your results if you're ready to hear them." she tells me and I bite my lip.

"Tell me." I say anxiously.

Praying, that it would be the better option.

"It's a match. He is indeed your baby's father." she tells me and a sob of happiness instantly leaves my throat.

"Thank you so much! I appreciate this so very much." I say happily.

"My pleasure, see you next week Milena." she says and I grin.

"See you next week!" I say before hanging up.

"It's Rio's?" Annie asks as I set my phone down and I nod happily.

It's not Jordan's. Thank fuck. It was Rio's. A good-hearted man, despite his darker side, but he was definitely no monster. Not like Jordan or Jeff.

"What do you think he's going to say? How will he react?" Annie asks and I instantly frown.

How would he react? Would he even want me to keep this baby? Would he tell me to get an abortion? Would I get an abortion? No... Of course not! This was my chance. To have my rainbow baby. To be a mother! I never thought I would be here again and yet here I am. This is my fate! Even if Rio didn't want to be a part of it. I could only hope he would love this baby as much as I already did even if we didn't work out. My baby deserved a father, but either way I would have this baby. Even if it killed me.

"I honestly have no idea An... but either way, I'm going to get to be a mother and that in itself is the best gift I could ever have." I say as more tears streamed down my cheeks.

I didn't know if they were mostly happy tears or perhaps sad or worried tears, knowing there was a good possibility Rio wouldn't want this baby, but I can to have to keep having hope until I told him.