Chapter 3

As I get closer to her street, I park my car and get out leaving it a few blocks away so that he doesn't know where I am. I take my heels off and begin running the rest of the way to Beth's. Within minutes I'm at her front door and completely out of breath. As soon as she pulls the door open, I collapse into her arms.

"Lena are you okay? Your feet are bleeding! What happened?" she says struggling to hold me up.

I try to say something or at least support some of my weight but I can't. I can't move a limb and I can't seem to catch my breath to even say a word. My body is burning from running so quickly and my lungs are struggling to suck in air.

"Rio." I suddenly hear Beth's shocked voice say as her grip loosens and right as I'm about to slip to the ground, two strong arms suddenly pick me up and carry me inside.

I'm laid down on Beth's couch and I look up at both Beth and Rio as they both crouch down beside me.

"What happened?" Beth quickly says to Rio with an aggravated look.

"Don't look at me, she called me." he replies rudely as he rolls his eyes. 

Beth quickly adverts her eyes to me in shock.

As i finally begin to catch my breath I manage to choke out a word.

"Water." 

"Oh my god, yes I'm so sorry Lena! I'll be right back and ill grab a first aid kit for your feet." she says quickly getting up and rushing to the kitchen.

I shut my eyes feeling so overwhelmed and exhausted, but I quickly open them when I feel a warm hand brush my cheek.

"Are you okay mami?" Rio's soft voice says and I simply shake my head and close my eyes again, taking in his warm touch.

"Here's some water and I'm going to clean and bandage your feet up." Beth says.

I open my eyes and try to push myself up but my wrist gives out and I slump back down and roll my eyes in an annoyance.

"Even when you're in shitty shape you still push yourself further." Rio says with a chuckle before lifting me into a sitting position and I simply roll my eyes at him.

I quickly grab the water and chug it within seconds.

"Thank you." I say to them both.

"What happened to your feet?" Beth asks once she's done cleaning them up and bandaging them.

"I ran a few blocks in bare feet, I couldn't tell you if I stepped on anything because honestly my feet were numb and my heart was beating so fast and I couldn't breathe and I was so light headed. I just knew I had to get here and get here as fast as possible in case he found me." I explain.

"Who found you?" Rio asks raising a perfect brow.

"Jeff?!" Beth gasps shocked and I nod my head.

"Okay I need to know exactly what is going on here." Rio says gruffly.

"A few years ago, I dated a guy named Jeff, he was very abusive towards me to the point of going to prison, he was supposed to serve 5 to 7 years but they let him out after 2 and a half years and he's been out for a few weeks and I never heard from him until tonight. He called me pretending to be my building owner saying someone broke in and they needed me there. I was at Annie's apartment, so I rushed out to my jeep and he... he..." I start saying but as i remember him slamming me against my jeep, i shut my mouth and squeeze my eyes shut not wanting to cry.

"Shh Lena, it's okay, your safe now." Beth says quickly pulling me into a hug and rubbing my back soothingly as i begin to sob.

"He what?" Rio asks.

Beth shoots him an annoyed look as she continues to rub my back.

"He... slammed me against my jeep and pinned my arms behind my back he wouldn't let me go." I cry as i relive the moments that had just passed.

"How did you get away?" he asks his voice sounding more tense.

"I kicked him in the sack with my heel and he fell to the ground, I got in my jeep and drove as fast as I could and then I called you... so I could ask to stay at your building so he won't find me. Then a car tried to run me off the road but i quickly sped away and turned down a random side street until i got away." I say trying to calm myself down.

"When i went to call my building owner, i instantly recognized the voice as Jeff. That's how i figured out i got set up. He told me that i wasn't being a good girl.. and that.. that.. he was going to correct that. I can't go through that again! I can't!" I say as more sobs rack through my body.