Chapter 1

MAIA NIXON

"Maia wake your ass up" My annoying best friend of a roommate said, kicking my bed. I groaned and buried my head in my pillow further.

I'm not a morning person. 2:00 pm is my time to wake up. 12:00 pm if it's a good morning.

"Go away" I mumbled as she kept shaking me. She sighed big before leaving the room. I sighed and got up walking to my bathroom.

That's Zora my best friend and also my roommate. She is a morning bird which annoys the living crap out of me. We are finally attending college together. I'm excited but I also want to go back to sleep.

After a year of working my butt off, I can finally afford to go to college. After high school, Zora moved to Ireland to attend a college there. I stayed home and took online classes. I worked in a bar and a cafe to get my money for college.

Zora offered to stay with me but I wasn't going to have her miss her opportunity to go to Ireland. We never been out of the country so for her to go that far and attend college, I wasn't going to stop her.

"Thirty minutes Maia" Zora yelled making me sigh. I stepped into the shower with a sigh leaving my lips.

She just came back from Ireland two months ago and we both enrolled in college in California. She and I have been friends since I met her in Pre-K.

I got out of the shower five minutes later and wrapped a towel around my body. I ran my hand through my wet hair smiling. I always loved when my hair was wet. Grabbing my blow dryer, I turned it on high and grabbed my brush.

"I'll see you later" Zora said smiling at me. I waved and turned around walking toward my building where my class was. Zora wants to be a model while I want to be a writer but also an artist.

"Hey watch it fat girl" I heard from beside me as I accidentally bumped into a girl. She glared at me and walked away quickly before I could even try to mumble a sorry. I sighed and walked into my classroom taking a seat in the back.

Rude

I'm always getting bullied for my weight but since I'm short my body looks bigger than what I really am. Being bullied for so long, I learned how to not say anything to those who bully me or even try to. I never talked to anyone in high school except Zora.

It's literally college though. Why are people bullying me at their grown age?

Everyone honesty thought I was mute. I never answered teachers when they called on me and never raised my hand to say anything. After the first year of me not speaking in high school, the teachers just didn't say anything to me for the remaining years of school.

When I am working, I would just wait for someone to tell me what they want and not say anything. I wouldn't have to ring up their money so I didn't have to worry about telling them their amount. I would just make their order and give it to them.

Pretty easy life in my opinion

"Hello class sorry I'm late" The teacher said as she walked into the room.

I looked around the room to see everyone was here. I was so much in my thoughts that I didn't even notice people coming in the room. I bit my lip and sat up in my seat trying not to look bored already.

ZORABABY

>>I'm so bored right now

same and it just started<<