Chapter 12

Chapter dedicated to Kaylabear3422

I fell asleep after just ten minutes of silence. It was a beautiful sleep too. I wonder if a beautiful sleep is a real thing. Welp it's a real thing today because my sleep was beautiful.

"Hello beautiful" I heard from beside me. I turned my head and saw Nick smiling as he drove down a road. I smiled softly as his words filled my head. I blushed and sat up from my comfy yet uncomfortable position in my seat. He looked at me before he turned a corner.

"Hi" I said yawning softly as I covered my mouth. He smiled once more before the car came to a complete stop. I looked out the window to see that we were in a sunflower field. I smiled big as I looked at him.

"Seriously" I asked as excitement filled my voice. He smiled and nodded. Quickly opening the door, I ran out into the field. Feeling every flower against my finger tips, I squealed.

One thing about me, I love sunflowers more than anything.

"This is amazing" I said to Nick as he got out the car and walked over to me. He seemed happy but it was hard to tell with his emotionless face he wore all the time.

"Why did you bring me here" I asked as I sat down at a clearing. He sat down next to me and sighed rubbing his hands together as if he was cold.

"I bought you here because sunflowers always cheer a person up. You can't look or touch a sunflower and not have it light up your day. You were crying and was in need of cheering up. Sunflowers cheered you up didn't they." He asked before looking at me. I nodded with a small smile on my face.

"Sunflowers didn't do all the work" I whispered as I stole a glance at him. He looked away and cleared his throat. I turned my body to him and sighed as I looked around.

"Can I ask you something" I said softly because I was scared of what his answer would be to the question I have to ask.

"Sure"

"Why are you hanging out with me? Why did you come back to the house to 'check on me'?" I said as I stared at the sunflower closest to me. He was silent for a few minutes making me sigh and stand up.

"Maia I'm not going to lie to you, I'm a bad guy. A very bad guy" He said as he stared out at the sunflowers. He stood up but didn't look at me only at the sunflowers.

"I don't believe that" I whispered as I stared at him. He shook his head and sighed looking at the floor. Walking to him, I stood in front of him.

"I came to your house because for the second time in my pathetic life, I cared for someone outside of my family. I couldn't stop worrying about you and Zariah because you seemed stressed with I walked in the room of that club." He said looking down at me as he spoke. I looked at him before turning my glaze to the flowers around us.

"Shouldn't you be care about Zora and not me" I said softly as I started walking toward a sunflower. As I touch it and felt the yellow petals, I heard him coming behind me before I felt his chest against my back.

"Why would I care for her" He said as his breath tickled the back of my neck. I bit my lip and shrugged not answering him.

"Maia" He said in a commanding tone. His voice and that tone will have me dripping if he continues with that.

"Because She is the one most guys care for more" I said as I closed my eyes. Still for facing him, I sighed as I felt his eyes on me still.

"I'm not most guys" He whispered making me roll my eyes at that cocky and cheesy line. I turned to him and looked up at him.

"What do you want from me Nick" I asked just utterly confused with all of this. He looked down at me and stepped closer to me.

"I want many things but what I need is you" He said as his voice went an octave lower making my lower half feel some type of way.

Need me?

"Need me how?" I asked confused with his words. He smirked and looked away not giving me a reply at first.

"Well I mean I can need you in a lot of scenarios. If I need you to kiss, hold, to love or even if I need and desire for you to be in my bed" He said staring directly in my eyes.

Did he just-

Okay okay this must be a joke.

"Yeah okay" I said rolling my eyes and looking away from him. He got me fucked up if he thinks he going to sweet talk me like I'm one of those skinny ho- girls to get me in the bed.

He wouldn't even want me in the bed..what am I even talking about?

Shush Maia just Shush.

"I'm serious" He said grabbing my chin making me look at him. His eyes pleaded for me to believe him but I'm not dumb I know that no guy like him would want me. Maybe this is a dare that the college boys put him up to.

He does even go to your college Maia..

I'm dumb

"Can you take me home" I asked feeling drained from this conversation. He sighed and nodded. I sent him a toothless smile before walking toward the car.

"Maia please understand-" I cut him off by putting my hand because I honestly didn't want to talk about this anymore.

"Just take me home"

"But why-" I cut him off again by getting in the car shutting the door. I sighed and rubbed my side of my head as I felt a headache coming through. I heard him sigh and mumble under his breath but I couldn't hear him

~•~•~•~•~

He stopped in front of my apartment building and looked at me. I grabbed my bag and phone before getting out the car. Making sure my shirt didn't rise up, I walked to his side of the car.

"Thank you for taking me there" I said to him through the window. He nodded and looked away toward the road.

I guess he is tired of me now...

"Thanks again" I said before walking away and toward the door of the building. I heard his car driving off making me sigh before I walked into the building.