Chapter 21

A month later...
October

Nick won another fight. He had to fight twice tonight and he won both times. I was proud of him. I am still a little bit wearily about all the fighting and blood but I wasn't going to show it because it was his night.

He kept sneaking glances at me in his second fight. His fight looked so easy like he didn't even have to try. I started laughing when Nick got cocky and started walking around the ring with his opponent chasing him.

"You did good. Did they even hit you?" I commented as I looked at him as he walked over me. He smirked and shook his head with his big ego ass.

"I want to take you out" Nick said as we walked out the back door of the club. I looked at him and frowned.

"Like a date?" I said making him laugh and nod. I shrugged and didn't say anything else on it.

"That's it? A shrug" he said as he opened the door for me. I laughed and shrugged again.

"Oh I see. You trying to play hard to get" He said fake laughing with me. I shrugged and turned to get in the car. The door closed before I could even get in. I turned to see Nick looking at me with an blank expression on his face.

"I love a challenge Maia but I'm going to need a yes or a no from you" He said coming closer to me until I was pinned against the car.

"Maybe" I said looking into his eyes. He smirked and grabbed my throat, not hard but enough to have me turned on.

Lawd continue doing that and I'll drop to my knees...

"I believe that wasn't the options. Yes.Or.No" He said looking at me straight in my eyes. I bit my lip and leaned into him. He leaned as well and I smirked.

"Maybe" I whispered against his lips and turned getting in the car. He raised his eyebrow at me and leaned down opened the door.

"Okay" was all he said before closing the door.

"Zariah let's go" He yelled to Zora. I heard her groan at him calling her by her name.

"Shut up" she yelled at him and I sure she flipped the bird at him too.

"Get your girl Renzo" Nick said kissing his teeth.

"Don't call him that" Zora said making me laugh as I remember her calling him that earlier.

"Shut up girl. You ain't my mother"

"Thank God" I heard Zora mumble as she got in the car.

~•~•~••~

Nick and I have been very good this past month. He has been acting like a boyfriend but we never made it official. Im happy though and I like this. I like titles but right now I feel like we good.

Belle: you coming over tomorrow? Sent at 11:40pm

Nick:I have a meeting but I'll be there before you leave Sent at 11:52pm

Belle: okay. But remember I don't have class tomorrow so I'm probably going to be sleep when you come. Sent at 11:54pm

Nick: we going out tomorrow so be ready by 10 Sent at 11:56pm

Belle: but that's early... Sent at 12pm

Nick: what did I say🤨Sent at 12:05

Belle: what did I say 🤨🧐? Sent at 12:06

Nick: all I know is that when I come you better be dressed  Sent at 12:12am

Belle: look at you tryna act all scary Sent at 12:20am

Nick: Mhm okay I'll see you at 10 Sent at 12:50am

"You and Nick seem very cozy together..." Zora said as she pulled into our driveway. I shrugged and smiled as I thought about him. She made a hmm sound before getting out the car. I bit my lip and put my phone in my pocket as I walked into the lobby behind Zora.

"You and Lorenzo seem good too" I said looking at her. She blushed and nodded as we walked onto the elevator. She clicked the level of our apartment and leaned against the wall as the door closed.

"I'm thinking we could go somewhere together you know. Or just have a chill day and hangout tomorrow" She said looking at me.

"Nick wants to take me out somewhere tomorrow at 10" I said as we reached our level. She sighed and nodded before walking to our door.

"You know I would chill with you if I was free" I said as we walked inside. She put her coat on the coat hanger and walked to the kitchen.

"Yeah I know I just wish we could have a girls day we haven't had one in a while cuz we either busy with school, work, or the boys." She said as she poured herself a glass of orange juice. I nodded in agreement with her. I walked and sat on the bar stool taking this bun out.

"I understand maybe Friday? We can chill the whole day. We both don't have school or work that day." I said as I thought about our crazy schedules. She smiled and nodded as she sat next to me.

"Deal" she said as she handled me a cup of orange juice.

Nick: you home? Sent at 1:10am

Belle: yes sir Sent at 1:11am

"Im happy for you, you know" Zora said gaining my attention. I looked at her in confusion.

"I'm happy that you are finally happy with someone" she said smiling at me. I smiled and hugged her.

"I'm happy for you too Zo" I said as she hugged me back.

"Alright I'm going to sleep" I said smiling at her. She nodded and put our cups in the sink.

"Same"

"Night Zora" I said as I walked into my room. I heard her yell night back and I smiled. Changing into just a sweatshirt, I got in the bed and went straight to sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Hello?" My tired voice said into the phone. I heard a chuckle and looked at the caller ID.

Of course it's him...calling me at damn 9:30 on a Saturday.

"It's 9:30 and I said I was picking you up at 10" Nick said into the phone making me groan.

"Nick but I'm comfy and Saturday is my rest day" I said as I buried my head in my pillows.

"Wake up" I heard into the phone but also near me. I turned to the door to see him leaning against the wall with that sexy smirk planted on his face.

I groaned and buried my head back into the comfy pillows. I heard his movement around the room before the covers were pulled off of me.

"Nick!" I squealed at the feeling of the cold air of room on my legs.

"Get up Maia" he said staring at me with his arms crossed. I groaned and got up walking to the bathroom.

"Nice ass baby girl" He said before laughing as I flipped the bird at him.