Chapter 25

"I'm in the mood for some salmon and rice what you guys think?" I said heading toward the kitchen.

"And some veggies" Zora said from her seat on Lorenzo's lap. I nodded and went to the freezer getting the salmon and veggies out.

"Who is Zander Maia" Nick said following me into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and put a frying pan on the stove top. I turned the stove on and put butter in the pan rubbing the butter on over the pan.

"He is no one important" I said shaking my head. This conversation is a conversation I would never want to have ever again.

"Clearly he is someone important if Zora is mentioning it even after y'all ended" He said but I didn't have to turn to him to know that his arms were crossed over his chest and he was angry.

"Let it go Nick" I said pouring the veggies in the pan.

"Tell me" He tried again yet now raising his voice as his irritation raised.

"Let it go" I said now getting frustrated at this stupid conversation. He went quiet for a few minutes making me turn around. He stood a few feet behind me staring me down. I backed up almost hitting the oven while doing so.

"You don't want to tell me fine I'll stop asking but don't get mad at me for wanting to know" Nick said in a calm voice. He shook his head and sighed walking out of the kitchen.

The fuck?

Shaking my head, I sighed and went back to cooking. I am not even mad at him wanting to know. I'm irritated that he kept asking over and over again after I kept saying let it go.

-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-

"This is really good Maia" Lorenzo commented making me smile.

"Thank you this is actually my first time ever making salmon" I replied before eating my last bite. He made a hm sound as he continued eating.

Nick and I have not said more than five words to each other since that little incident in the kitchen. Zora did ask me what's wrong making me almost hit her for being so dumb but she didn't know he was in the room so she couldn't have done anything.

I just told her the truth that he heard about Zander and it isn't sitting well with him. Zora nodded and frowned confused but didn't say anything else about the situation.

My head was on Nick's shoulder but that was the only contract we had toward each other.

"Let's watch a movie" I suggested sitting up moving away from Nick some. I grabbed my big fluffy blanket and wrapped myself in it. I don't know how but it's super cold in this house. I turned the heat on though so it could start feeling warm soon.

"Something scary?" Zora said smiling. I nodded and making Nick and Lorenzo look at us confused.

"What?" We both said at the same time.

"Nothing it's just weird that you guys want to watch a scary movie" Lore said making me scoff.

"What so girls cant love a good scare" I asked with distaste filled in my voice. His eyes widen and he shook his head repeatedly.

"I didn't mean it like that I'm just...Nick?" Lorenzo said stumbling over his words. Nick shook his head pretended he didn't hear him as he searched for a movie.

"Let's watch IT chapter two" Nick said looking at all us. We let the other conversation go and turned to the tv. Nick pulled me close making me frown and look at him in confusion.

"I'm sorry" He whispered looking at me as the movie started.

"There's nothing to be sorry about" I said smiling softly at him.

"Yes there is. I shouldn't have kept asking you when it wasn't my place to know." He said angry with himself. I nodded because he is right but I don't blame him for being curious.

"It's okay" I whispered rubbing his hand. He smiled at me and pulled me even closer even though I don't know how that was possible.

"I want to take you out on a date tomorrow" he said looking down at my hair. I smiled and blushed nodding even thought he didn't really ask.

"Will y'all shush I'm trying to listen" Zora said from her seat on Lore lap. I rolled my eyes and leaned against Nick watching the movie.

"I like you" I heard Nick whisper making me giggle and smile.

"I like you too Nicklaus"