Chapter 36

Maia's POV

As soon as I got home, I went to my room and laid on my bed crying my eyes out. Zora followed me and sat next to me on the bed rubbing my hair. She asked me what exactly happened, I just said that Nick is a father and left it at that.

"Maia I don't even know what to say" she mumbled as she listened to me cry into my pillow. I didn't except her to say anything though. A headache started throbbing at my head and I groaned.

"I just ugh h-how m-many s-secrets is he going to k-keep from m-me" I stuttered out and she sigh shaking her head not knowing what to say.

"I don't even care that he has a son it's the fact that he didn't tell me that his ex and him had a baby. He didn't tell me his ex could have came tonight. He didn't tell me about him being a boxer. All these secrets I can't take it. I just want a honest man and a relationship" I mumbled as I turned around staring at the ceiling. She laid down next to me and we both stared at the ceiling.

"Men are never really honest ever Mai" She whispered and I sighed nodding at her trustful words.

"But they should" I cried out and buried my head in my hands as I started crying again.

"I realized I love him Zo" I accepted to myself and to her. She turned to me in surprised and came hugging me again. My hair was messy and flew around my face as I buried my face in her chest sobbing loudly.

Out of that chaos that happened tonight I realized I love him and I still do even after all of that.

Guess that makes me the idiot for falling in love with him...

"Come on let's get you a shower, get in comfy clothes and how about some movie and snacks" Zora suggested and I sighed thinking. A good movie night with my best friend does always work wonders for me.I nodded and she smiled. She got up and pulled me up with her.

"Okay now you go take a shower and get all comfortable while I go get all the snacks we will need and find some movies." She said before pushing me toward the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw how I mess I looked making me feel even more sad. I huffed at myself and took this tight dress off before turning the water on.

"How does looking at water make me even more sad" I mumbled as I stared at the shower water. I got in and closed the shower door before sighing sadly. Standing completely under the water, I closed my eyes reliving this night.

"Nick I thought you were bringing Victoria" Nick's mom mumbled looking at him.

"I just thought you two would work things out and get back together like you said you guys would"

"I just think it's unfair for you to just bring me here without telling me what I needed to be prepared for." I mumbled looking away from him.

"I know and I'm sorry baby it won't happen again. I'll tell you in advance next time something like this happens"

NICKYY" someone yelled before a body jumped on Nick. A woman wrapped her arms and legs around Nick. Nick stumbled but regained his balance before looking at the woman who attached herself onto him.

I frowned deeply and sunk to the floor remembering every thing that went wrong tonight. My now wet hair fell on my shoulders making it feel more heavy with the water. The water was beginning to turn cold but I didn't have the energy to put it to hot.

"Victoria?" Nick questioned

Victoria what are you doing here" Nick said as he pulled her off him. She smiled at him dreamily like she couldn't believe he was in front of her.

"Your mom invited me"

"She wants us to get back together Nicky and I do too" she said moving closer to him.

I opened my eyes and groaned loudly before my eyes soften and my tears return to my cheeks. I sobbed as I buried my face in my knees crying.

Why am I even crying?

It's not even worth it.

He's not worth it...

He was.

"Maia" a knock came on the bathroom door making me lift my head.

"Yes" my voice felt shaky and scratchy but I didn't care at this point.

"You been in there for about a hour now" Zora said through the door. I stood up and put my hands on my knees as my legs felt jelly. I turned the water off and stepped out the shower.

"I'm coming" I said to her and I heard her footsteps walking away. I looked at myself in the froggy mirror and sighed.

"This isn't even worth it" I mumbled before putting my wet hair in a messy bun. I left the bathroom naked and went straight for my drawers. I grabbed one of Nick's t-shirts and put it on smelling his old spice before putting some boxers on that I stole from him.

"I'm ready" I said to Zora as I walked to the living room. She smiled and pulled me to sit next to her. I looked at the snacks she got and smiled grabbing the m&ms.

"Thank you Zo" I mumbled looking at her

"That's what best friends are for plus this gives me a chance to eat as much junk food as I want." She smiled making me laugh before shaking my head at her. I looked down at my phone to see texts from Nick.

10 missed calls from BabyDaddy🤍

Babydaddy🤍:Maia please talk to me I'm sorry Sent at 12:34

Babydaddy🤍: Maia please let me explain Sent at 12:36

Babydaddy🤍: I'm sorry Sent at 1:10

I sigh and turn my phone off before paying attention to the movie Zora picked