Chapter 44

The baby in this photo is  two years old but this is kinda what I imagine Adair to look like but only a year older.

Maia's POV

It took us two hours to clean everything up in the kitchen and living room. Adair got a bubble bath in my bathroom which he really enjoyed. He also splashed me more times than I can remember. We really just bonding if you would call it that. Nick did seem hesitant to let me bath Adair though which I completely understand because that's his son, no matter what DNA tests say that's his son.

"Dad am I staying with you forever" Adair asked as he walked in the living room. I walked out of the kitchen running my hand in my hair as I bite my lip watching them two. Nick scratched the back of his neck and looked down at Adair. Adair was matching his father wearing black jeans with a white sweatshirt. He picked Adair up putting him into his lap.

"If you want to little man but your mama going to try and make sure you stay with her but I'm going to fight for you A" he said as he looked down at him. I smiled and sighed, at least he was fighting for him.

"How about we just go out to eat because our pancakes are ruin now."I suggest as Adair looked at Nick confused before looking at me smiling. He ran to get his shoes on and I went sitting next to Nick.

"You really going to fight for him" I asked smiling as I looked at him.

"I have to. Victoria isn't taking care of him she would anyway plus if my father really is the father of Adair, he will be considered my brother and as the big brother I will take responsibility of him. My mother is going to kill my father though if this shit is really true" He replies running his hand down his face as he sighs. I nodded and reached over giving him a hug.

"It's right thing to do plus you deserve to know the truth even if it might hurt" I mumble as I pull away. He nodded before looking over at the TV with a frown on his face. I stood up and went to get my shoes on.

"Hey Maia." Nick called out before I exited the room. I stopped and looked at him.

"Um I was wondering if you would come to the championship game. You don't have to but um I would really like if you were there" he said standing up as he scratched his neck nervously. I had to hold back my smile as I nodded yes. I honestly forgot about his championship and now that I'm realizing it's on Friday I'm getting excited for him.

"I'll come" I say as I nod and he smiled. Before he could say thank you or anything else, Adair came running into the room.

"I got my swoes on" he said smiling. I went got out my vans on before meeting them back in the living room. It's a great day out so there was no need for a jacket or a coat. I'm glad it wasn't cold even though it rained a lot last night.

"Let's go" Nick said before looking at me. I nodded and grabbed my purse and keys. I walked out with them before locking the front door. Nick and Adair waited for me by the elevator. I walked toward them before checking my messages as we got on the elevator.

"Dad I miss Pops" Adair said as he held Nick's hand. I frowned looking up from my phone to see Nick looking down at Adair confused.

"Who's Pops?" Nick asked.

"Mommy said he is my other dad. Pops told him to call him Pops instead of other dad because he said that you would feel sad that if I call him other dad." Adair explained as he looked at the elevator walls. Nick looked at me and I shrugged before going back to my phone.

Zobaby🤍🥰
So he just came to the apartment and you just volunteered to have him spend the night.

Maibay🙏🏾🤪
He had his son with him Zo. I wasn't just going to leave them out there in the cold rain. That's just mean plus he looked so heart broken hearing that he might not be Adair's biological father.

Zobaby🤍🥰
Okay I get your point but Mai don't get caught up in feelings with him come on. You don't want to get hurt again.

Maibay🙏🏾🤪
I know what I'm doing Zora plus I think we are better off being friends anyway .

Zobaby🤍🥰
Yeah maybe that's the right call plus you don't want to be stuck being someone's step mother.

I stared at Zora's text frowning as I thought about her words. If I do get back together with Nick, Adair and I would have to spend more time together plus I would be the step mother of Adair kinda or at least play the part of it.

I looked up to see it was time to get out of the elevator. The elevator doors opened and we walked out.

"Where do you guys want to eat at?" Nick asked as he buckled Adair up in his car and I got on the passenger seat.

"Um how about IHOP?" I suggested as I sat down. Adair nodded and I smiled before looking back at my phone.

Maibay🙏🏾🤪
I mean I don't have a problem with him. I wouldn't call it me being his step mother but maybe like just that fun auntie. Nick and I would never get married though so being a step mother would never come up.

Zobaby🤍🥰
I mean but what if you guys just do? Think about it you will the step mother well actually not even a step mother he would be your brother in law if he is Nick's dad son

I sighed as I looked down at her text. I know if Adair is really Nick's half brother, the news will break his heart.

"Hey Nick what are you going to do about Um the Victoria and your dad situation" I asked biting my lip as I look at him. He sighed looking away from the road to look at me.

"I don't know honestly I might just have just deal with it. He is still mine no matter what and if Victoria wants to go to court I will fight her for him until I win." He says with determination filled through his voice. I smiled and looked back at my phone.

Maibay🙏🏾🤪
Adair is a great kid I don't care if he is my brother in law or even my step child, I will still love and care for him. Plus I don't have a problem with kids and he already seem to like me anyway.

Zobaby🤍🥰
You right. I hope Nick will be okay with the news and take it well.

I sighed and nodded even though she can't see me. She said exactly what I was thinking. I looked at Nick as he drove the car. He looked at me for a second before smiling looking back to road. I smile softly and look out the window.

Me too. Me too.