Chapter 38

Work was its usual boring self. People kept trying me though I'm not even going to lie. I was waiting tables today and I regretted saying yes to doing it so much. We are short on staff today so the boss asked me to wait tables.

"Maia table six" boss said as I walked with a tray giving table eight their drinks. I nodded and walked to table six.

"How can I help you?" I asked with a small fake smile placed on my face. Two men sat in the booth. One was reading the menu, he had black curly hair and he looked up I saw he had grey Hazel eyes. His tan skin was covered in tattoos as he had the sleeves of his black hoodie rolled up exposing them.

He sent me a smirk making me want to roll my eyes but chose not to. The other guy looked around 24 or 26. He has ocean blue eyes and brown hair. He has a baby face with dimples that shown when he laughed at something on his phone. He had a tattoo on his wrist that said Luna Q. on it. I assumed it was a girlfriend name.

I am staring at these men too much...

"can I have Carmel frappe and a chocolate chip cookie" Mr.Blue eyes said as he stared at me. I nodded and wrote it down. I turned to Curly hair and he looked at the menu again before nodding as he sat up.

"Let me get just a black coffee" he spoke in a deep husky voice. I nodded and cleared my throat feeling a little bit turned on by his voice.

"Okay I will be right back with your orders" I mumbled after telling them what they ordered just to make sure I got it right. They nodded and went into conversation as I walked away.

To say I hated my job would be a lie but I wouldn't say I loved it either. Today was a good day so far so I wasn't hating it at the moment. It's boring but a good boring.

"Hey y'all" Zora said to everyone as she walked behind the counter. She grabbed the apron with her name on it before
putting it on. I smiled and put table six's order in.

"How was class" I asked as Zora stood next to me grabbing a note book and a pencil. She put her hair in a messy bun before turning to me.

"It was okay I mean the professor was boring but I got this girl who was new to the class which is crazy since the semester is about to end. She was cool, her name was Zaria I liked her. She talks a lot though." Zora said smiling. I raised my eyebrow nodding.
Zaria sounds exactly like Zariah. Actually it was the same name just with a H added at the end of Zora's. Looks like Zora found her twin.

"That's good you should invite her over tomorrow" I say as I walk to table six giving them their drinks and the cookie with Zora following me. They thanked me and I smiled walking away.

"Really? Maybe" Zora excitedly smiles making me laugh and nodded.

"My shift about to end but I will see you at home" I said putting my apron on the hook.

"Oh okay maybe we can go out tonight when I get home" She said smiling.

"Yeah sure" I haven't went out since Nick's party and that was two months ago.

"Great" Zora said with a small smile before going to a table to serve the people waiting. I nodded to myself and grabbed my things before going to the door. I'm tired as hell and I just want to sleep until we go out.

I look down at my phone seeing that it's 4:34 and smile. I can sleep until at least 8. I looked up at the last minute as I bump into someone causing their coffee to spill on me. I groaned and look up to see Nick looking at my shirt with the most remorseful face ever.

"I'm so sorry Maia I was looking at my phone and didn't even see you" he said as he rambled on. I watched as his confused adorable face talked and talked again and again as he nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"It's fine Nicklaus" I mumbled sending him a small smile before sighing walking around him heading to the door. I shook my head as I walked on the sidewalk toward the apartment complex. Grabbing my phone, I dialed the one number I knew will tell me what to do.

"Hello?" The voice said confused.

"Hi Mama" I mumbled into the phone.

"Mi Hija! I missed you" my mom screamed into the phone. I chuckled and laughed at mom's love for speaking Spanish.

"I missed you too mama I'm sorry I haven't called lately" I said sighing sadly. Mama mumbled something I didn't understand before speaking louder.

"It's okay baby how are you?" I sighed and looked down at her question.

"I'm fine mama" I said unsure as I walk to the garage.

"Are you sure baby?" She asked already knowing something is wrong with me and that I'm not okay. I shook my head feeling myself about to break under her voice.

"I'm sure mama. Hey look I'm going to call you later mama" I say as I get into my car. I start it up and let my window down before driving out of the parking lot. I want to get a new dress for tonight not really wanting to wear a dress in my closet.

"Okay baby I love you" her voice said sadly probably not wanting to get off the phone.

"I love you too mama I'll see you guys for Christmas" I say sad that I missing thanksgiving. I heard her say okay before we both said bye. I hanged up and turned the radio on heading to the mall.

I really do miss my family...

"With Christmas in less than a month I need to start buying presents" I mumbled as I pull into the mall parking lot.

Another Christmas with no one special to spend it with I guess...