Chapter 43

Maia's POV
Next morning.

I don't know how to describe the feeling of seeing the love of your life sleeping peacefully with a three year old child laying on top of him. His arm around you and you snuggled until his side as you guys truly look like a family.

I sighed happily before looking down as I remember that this wasn't my family

I sighed happily before looking down as I remember that this wasn't my family. Only my ex boyfriend and his son who were just sleeping over this one time. My lip form in a small pout before I pull out of Nick's arms getting out of the bed. I heard Nick move and feel around for me mumbling.

"Please don't leave me Maia" he mumbled in sleep. His eyebrow frowned like he was stressed and he seemed to be having a nightmare. I kissed his forehead causing his face to calm down with a small smile on his face as he slept.

Getting up again, I walked to the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. I sighed rubbing my hands all over my face. I did my lady business wiping and washing my hands afterwards. Turning the sink water on again, I closed my eyes and moved the water to run down my face hoping for myself to wake up from this dream.

"I don't know what I'm suppose to do" I whisper to myself as I thought about Nick and Adair outside this bathroom door.

"Are you my daddy's friend?" I jumped in surprise at the sound of the tiny voice. I turned to see little Adair staring at me with his big eyes with an confused expression on his face.

"Yes I am I'm Maia" I answer with a smile as I look over at him. He smiled and walked toward me grabbing my hand. I watched as he pulled me out of the bathroom and into my room again with Nick still sleeping. I smiled glad that he was truly sleeping, I noticed the bags under his eyes the last few times I been seeing him.

"Where are you taking me" I whispered but he didn't answer me. He let go of my hand as we walked into the kitchen. He sat on the bar stool playing with his fingers nervously.

"Would you like some food" I asked and he nodded not looking at me in my eye. I smiled softly and walked to the refrigerator looking what I could make for breakfast.

"So tell me Adair, I want to know about you, things about you like what do you like" I say as I grabbed the ingredients for some chocolate chip cinnamon pancakes. I heard him make a small sound but I didn't turn around not wanting to make him even more nervous.

"My name is Adair I'm tree years old" he said making me chuckle as he pronounced three with tree. He then started to rant about what he likes which was school and he talked about his favorite color is hunter green. He then argued with me about how hunter green is the only shade of green that was pretty which I totally disagree. He was very intelligent for his age though.

"Here come help me with putting the chocolate chips in the batter." I said making him smile and jump out from the stool. He walked to me and I grabbed the step stool I had.

He stepped on it and started sprinkling the chocolate chips into the batter that was already on the frying pan. I smiled and let him sprinkle some more into the batter that wasn't on the pan yet. He was a great sprinkler and he followed directions very well.

"Great job" I say smiling as I take a bit of pancake flour batter putting it on his nose while throwing some in his face. His eyes widen before he grabbed the leftover flour before running after me trying to put it on me as I ran away.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry" I apologized repeatedly as I giggle as I continued to run. I started to run slower so he can catch up to me before he tackled me to the ground throwing the flour all over me. I cough and my eyes widen as I looked down to see my body covered in the white flour.

"HA" Adair yelled laughing at me as he pointed at me. I frowned my eyes trying to look angry but quickly failed as I bursted into laughter as well not being able to hold it in. I pulled Adair on top of me as I made sure he got covered in flour too. His small giggles and laughs warmed my heart as he tried to move away but I wouldn't let him.

"What is going on here" a voice made both of us and look to see Nick watching us with an amused yet confused look on his face. Adair looked at me before looking back at his father. He then quickly pointed his tiny little finger at me. I gasped in shock looking at him with a broken heart expression on my face.

"Adair I thought we were friends" I mumbled as I faked a pout and looked down sadly. He looked at me with his cute little dimples showing with his smile before they disappeared as he frowned.

"I'm sorry Ms. Maia" he mumbled reaching to hug me. My heart was hot with love as he apologized even though I wasn't even upset.

When we pulled away we looked at Nick before childishly pointing to the other. Nick shook his head at us before walking toward us. He lifted Adair up in his arms and kissed his flour covered cheeks. I smiled and got up off the floor as well trying to dust some flour off my body.

"Both of you need to get cleaned up and also clean this kitchen" Nick said sternly with a playful look in his eye as he looked at us. He was acting he was my dad too. I bit my lip as I looked around the kitchen to see it was covered in flour. I sighed and nodded before turning to get some cleaning supplies from the bottom cabinet.

I felt something light hit my back making me gasp and turn around to see Nick with a big smile on his face while Adair looked like he was trying not to laugh. I then noticed how Nick's hand was in another bag of flour that was sitting on the counter. I smirked smiling.

"Oh it's on" I declared before running after them taking the flour in my hand.

We raced around the kitchen and living room throwing flour at each other. Nick pulled my shirt opened and threw flour down my body making me squeal in surprise. I then dropped the pancake batter all over his head and down his face. Adair and I teamed after a while taking the water spraying Nick with the water.

It was a fun morning and very eventful but there was one thing we forgot.

THE PANCAKES THAT WERE ON TOP OF THE STOVE COOKING!