Chapter 19

^Maia's dress paired with a black leather jacket ^

So it's been a week. I haven't texted Nick or responded to his thousand messages. He texts me like every damn day twenty times. I just leave him on read.

I know that's petty and kinda rude but I don't care at this point.

One time I did almost respond but I had nothing to say so I didn't. Nick seems complicated, he owns a club and is a I'm guessing an illegal underground fighter.

I don't need complications

"Maia come on" Zora said coming into my room.

"Zo I don't know if I can do this...what if I don't like his explanation" I said looking at her. She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

"Maia don't you want know why? Don't you have questions?" She said crossing her arms over her chest. I nodded and she rolled her eyes.

"Exactly now get ur butt up and get dressed, it's already 9pm." She said before leaving my room. I sighed and got up doing what she told me to do.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Come on" Zora said as she pulled my hand forcing me to walk toward the entrance of the club. I sighed as I felt like I didn't want to be here. I do want an explanation but I'm scared of the explanation.

"Maia stop having second thoughts, come on" Zo said as she walked us up to the body guard that was guarding the entrance.

"Name?" He said in a deep husky voice. Zora looked at me and I shrugged.

"Zariah and Maia" Zora said using her real name. I felt her cringe against me at the sound of her name. I almost smiled at her discomfort.

"You way go. The VIP section is toward the back" the guard said letting us in.

VIP again...

"Oof looks like Nick ain't playing" Zora said grabbing my hand as we walking inside. I looked around to see it still looks the same. Zora went to the bar and order four shots and a shot of whiskey.

"Zora who the fuck is drinking whiskey" I asked after I drowned my two shots. She smirked and gave it to me.

"Half me half you" She said as she took down half of the shot. I shrugged and took the other half.

"Come on we should get to the VIP section" I yelled over the music into her ear. She nodded but ordered two sex on the beach before we went to the VIP.

"Maia and Zariah" I said to the bodyguard that was in front of the VIP section. He nodded and let us through. I smiled softly as I walked up the stairs.

"Where do you think Nick is?" I whispered to her.

"Maybe training" She said shrugging. I nodded because she probably right. Zora walked toward the room we were in last time. Lorenzo was seated with four guys laughing and talking.

"Lorenzo" Zora said in a flirtatious voice. He turned at the sound of her voice and smiled. He stood up coming to her and pulled her to him. Kissing her, she moaned and they started making out.

Welp...third wheel it is.

"Zora will please stop sucking his whole face off" I said pulling her away from him after a few minutes. She giggled like a school girl and smiled at him before looking at me.

"Don't be like that because you know once Nick sees you tonight, he going to do the same damn thing" she said pushing some. I rolled my eyes and sat on a long couch sighing.

"Nick ain't doing to do shit" I said looking at her.

"What am I not going to do" someone said as he came into the room. I looked to see a shirtless nick standing at the door. I blushed and looked away from his tattooed chest.

"Whew damn Maia look at that sexiness" Zora whispered yelled hitting me in the arm

"Whew damn Maia look at that sexiness" Zora whispered yelled hitting me in the arm. I blushed and hit her back

"Don't do that Zora" I said laughing in embarrassment.

"Your virgin ass going to be sore a whole fucking month after he fucks that pussy" Zora said laughing. I blushed even more in embarrassment as I looked at my lap not wanting to look at him.

"Zora shut up"

"Yeah Zariah shut up" Lorenzo's deep voice sounding ass said looking at her with a look that even more me want to crawl in a hole and die. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest like a child.

"Come here" He said grabbing her hand. She sighed and went sitting on his lap. She smiled some and kissed his cheek.

"Maia" I heard beside me. I knew it was him and I knew I had to talk to him but I didn't want to.

"Okay we going to go" Zora said standing up pulling down her dress. Lorenzo and the other guys stood up leaving the room behind her. I tried to send a mind message to Zora but it didn't work.

Of course it didn't...it never does.

"Maia please look at me" Nick pleaded making me sigh and turn my eyes to him. He looked at me with a blank expression on his face but his eyes looked defeated.

"What Nicklaus" I said dryly as I stared at him. He sighed and ran his hands through his perfect messy hair.

"I know I said we would talk after my fight but I know I'm going to be distracted during my fight wondering if u truly hate me." Nick said sitting in front of me. His tattoos were distracting me so much right now I just wanted my lips on each one.

"I don't hate you but doesn't mean I'm cool with you" I said sighing as I sat back on the couch as my back started hurting from sitting so straight and up on this couch.

Nick nodded and looked down as my words sung in his ears. He sighed and looked at me again as if he didn't know what to say.

"I know you going to know why I fight and why I was happy that day when I beat that guy. I can tell why I was happy but I can't tell you why I fight" He said. I nodded because at least I'm getting half of what I want. I'm still going to be pissed no matter what he says anyway so it won't matter.

"The guy I was fighting knew about you" He said causing me to look at him in confusion.

"He was following me for weeks now, he saw how I defended u in the club, how I helped u with that guy in the diner, how we talked outside that day with my friend, how I went in a private with you for about two hours, how I chased after you after the fight" he said explaining to me how he knew me.

"Before the fight, He started making these comments about you and how he wanted to fuck you after the fight. How he would love to have his way with you." Nick said angrily as he thought about it

"I got so angry and during that fight I kept thinking about what he was saying making me feel happy when I saw him on the floor beaten by my fists. I was proving a point that day. Every fighter was back stage when he was saying that and every fighter had a front row seat for when I beat his ass. I proved a point to them and they will never make the same mistake he did."

"What point was that" I whispered as I watched him stare at his hands with a look on his face. A angry and dangerous look. He looked at me when I spoke. His eyes black and dangerous. He smirked and straight in my eyes saying a sentence that shook me to the core.

"That you are mine and you will forever be mine"