Chapter 22

Maia's outfit
Maia's pOv
I was trying  to make a new cover but it ain't working out so ima just update y'all...

"Okay where are we going?" I said as we got in his car. He smirked and didn't say anything. I sighed and put my seatbelt on sitting back. I rolled the window down and put my hair in a messy wet bun.

"Im not telling you love. You just going to have to wait" He said as he pulled out of the parking lot. I nodded and sighed as a headache started forming.

"I got a headache" I said rubbing my headache. He played with my hair with his free hand as he drove. I looked out the window watching the trees get passed by us.

"How do you feel about some seafood" Nick said pulling into a parking lot.

"As long as they got crab cakes" I said smiling because I been craving crab cakes. He nodded and I walked with him inside.

"This place is beautiful" I said in amazed. He smiled at me before turning to the lady and whispering something to her. She began leading us somewhere and I followed behind Nick as I looked around.

"Here you go, if you are displeased with this booth, I can move you both to another table" the lady said as she sat us at a booth by the window.

"Thank you" I said smiling at her as I slid into the booth. Nick slid next to me and I looked around.

"How do you know this place?"

"My best friend introduced it to me like a week ago. This is my first time trying it though" he said looking at me. I nodded and looked at the menu. Most seafood places are usually fancy but this is the most chill seafood place I ever seen. This could be a hang out place for the college students.

"I like it" I said as I glanced over the menu.

"Hello, my name is David and I will be your waiter for the night. Can I start you guys with some drinks?" The waiter said coming toward our table. I bit my lip as I thought about it.

"Can I have a water but also a ginger ale" I said still looking at the menu.

They have crab cakes yasss...

"A Coke" Nick said to the waiter. I put my menu down after figuring out what I want to eat.

"Okay one Coke,one water, and one ginger ale. Are you guys ready to order or should I give you guys more time" David said politely making me look over at Nick to see if he was done.

"Um can I have the crab cakes, I want mashed potatoes and green beans with mine please." I said after Nick put his menu on the table.

"Of course love and you sir?" David said turning to Nick as he wrote my order down. I played with my fingers trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I'm alone with Nick. I feel weird when I'm just alone with him.

"Of course I will be out with your meals and drinks soon." David said before walking away. I must have tuned out what Nick ordered.

"I really like this place though" I said in the silence for the third time. Nick laughed and shrugged agreeing with me.

"What are you going to school for?" Nick said looking at me.

"I want to be an artist but also a writer." I answered smiling as I thought about it.

"An artist that's pretty cool and a writer too." He said nodding his head.

"Did you always want to be a boxer" I asked him as I leaned against the table putting my head on my hand.

"I been boxing for many years so for a while that's pretty much all I wanted to do. But I do love owning places and being a businessman" He replied shrugging.

"Well you did get to be both of what you wanted so that's good" I said as David brought our drinks to the table. I thanked him and took a sip of my ginger ale.

"I don't know if I ever thanked you for the time you helped me out at the club the first night we met" I said as I looked at him.

"It's no problem babygirl" he said drinking his coke.

"Have you and Zariah been friends for a long time" He asked sitting up leaning forward.

"Actually yes we grew up together. She has been my best friend for the longest" I said smiling.

"Y'all relationship is...something else." Nick said as he drank his coke.

"What do you mean?"

"Zariah kinda takes advantage of you a little bit and I mean you never notice it or you don't really care." He said looking at me. I frowned in confusion.

How does she take advantage of me?

"But I mean maybe I'm wrong and reading it wrong. My bad" Nick added after a few minutes of silence. I looked at him and took a sip of my water.

"Here is your food. Enjoy if you need anything just tell me" David said putting our food on the table. I thanked him and he walked away.

"I don't know why you think that but I don't want to have this conversation right now." I said as I pulled my plate a little bit closer to me. Nick nodded and I closed my eyes praying.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I ask for strength and courage during this year of college. I ask that I may get through it and that I may have the courage to stand up to the disrespectful people. I pray to thank you for this wonderful food that had been set before me.

In Jesus name,
Amen.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Thank you for today. The food was amazing." I said to Nick as we walked back to the car after leaving the restaurant.

"I'm sorry by the way for what I said about you and Zariah's relationship. I didn't mean to make you feel some type of way." Nick said as we got into the car. I dismissed it and shook my head.

"It's fine it's not that big of a deal. Your words just confused me." I said as I put my seatbelt on. Nick started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"I know and I was wrong with my words and assuming things about Zariah." He said sending me small glance out the corner of his eye.

"It's fine don't worry about it." I said shrugging. He nodded and continued driving.

"I have one more thing I want to do with you is that okay?"

"Sure let's go" I said looking at him. He smiled and nodded.

"Let's go"