Chapter 35: Part Three

Maia's POV
Recap:
Maia was looking for the bathroom and found Mr.Stone, Nick's dad, and Victoria, Nick's ex, fucking.

~•~•|•|•|~•~•~

After spending like thirty minutes in the bathroom trying to get that picture out of my head, I finally left and went back to the ballroom. I took a deep breath before returning inside. I looked around for Nick and found him at the dessert table. I looked for Zora and saw her laughing with Lorenzo. Quickly making my way to her, I grabbed her arm.

"So you are not going to believe this but I just witnessed Victoria and Mr.Stone fucking" I said to her not caring if Lorenzo heard.

"Wait what" Zora exclaimed before looking over as Mr.Stone kissed his wife making Zora gag.

"He was just kissing pussy lips why the hell is he- oh my god Nick is coming over here" She said before shutting up turning to Lorenzo pretending to have a conversation with him.

"Hey love" Nick said kissing my cheek. I nodded smiling at him. He wrapped his arms around me and I sighed in relief loving the warmth of his arms.

"You was gone for a while. I told the lady to just take your plate and that you would eat it later" He said rubbing my back. I nodded and looked at Zora as she looked like she was going to have a heart attack. I followed her line of vision to see Victoria was rubbing Mr.Stone's arm while laughing at something Mrs.Stone said.

So you just going to let another woman rub your husband's arm?!?

Why am I still here

"Nick not to be rude but Um how much longer" I ask politely looking up at him. He looked at his watch and shrugged.

"About a hour left" I mentally groaned. We been here for two hours already. Why do rich people parties last so long?

"Okay" I mumbled and looked around. I didn't see Mr.Stone anymore just Victoria who was at the desert table looking at the sweets. Mrs.Stone was talking to the guests.

"Can we dance" I ask him smiling at the dance floor in front of us. He nodded and with a smile before leading us to the dance floor. He turned to me pulling me close as I wrap my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.

"I want to apologize again for not telling you again about everything that could have happened tonight" he mumbled to me as he looked down at me.

"It's fine Nick if you told me what could have happened tonight, I probably wouldn't even want to come" I honestly answered and he laughed shaking his head.

"Understandable" he said as we swayed to the music. I laid my head on his chest closing my eyes sighing.

"You know when we go visit my foster parents, it will definitely be better then this" he whispered as he swayed us. I smiled and felt excited.

"Come on I want to show you something" He whispered to me before taking my hand.

"Where are we going" I asked as we left the ballroom and walked down a hallway. He didn't answer only gave me a grin. He opened a door and took us inside.

"There is this garden my family has. It's my favorite place of this whole mansion." He mumbled before opening the slide door. I stepped outside with him feeling the chill of the wind. Looking around, I saw the night sky with stars shining bright with the help of the full moon's light.