Chapter 41

Nick POV

"Talk about what Nick" Victoria said looking at me with tired eyes. I pushed past her and walked into her condo she has for when she visits here. I heard her close the door before she turned to me.

"Is he mine" I asked her looking at her directly in the eye. Her eyes widened at my question knowing exactly who I'm talking about and she looked away for a second before looking back at me.

"Why would you ask me that" she asked looking defensive. I chuckled and shook my head.

"It doesn't matter just tell me if he is mine and be honest" I said feeling anger pulse through my veins. She wasn't answering me and it was making me angrier by the second.

"He is" she said but she couldn't look at me in her eyes when she said that. I glared at the side of her face knowing she lying.

"Look at me when you are talking to me Malia" saying  her actually first name. Her name was Malia Victoria but she hated the name Malia so she always introduced herself as Victoria. She claims Malia is a black name with her racist ass.

"He is Nicklaus he is your child" she yelled in frustration but still wasn't looking. I groaned in frustration and slammed my hand down on the counter in anger. She jumped in fear and looked at me.

"I know you are lying Victoria just tell me who's fucking child is he" I yelled spitting in anger. She bit her lip and looked down.

"He is yours!" She screamed coming close to me. She reached for my face but I pushed her away. She looked at me with sadness filling her eyes

"Don't tell me that fucking bullshit who is Adair's father?" I spit out feeling the need to punch something.

"He is yours!" She screamed stomping her foot on the floor like she is a child. I almost slapped her in her face but chose not to since she still a female and my ma used me better.

"Daddy?" Adair said coming into the room rubbing his eyes with tiredness covered on his face. I sighed forgetting that he was in the house and felt bad for yelling. I walked to him and picked him up in my arms.

"Hey little man, I missed you" I whispered to him as I hugged him in my arms. He smiled and hugged me back.

"I missed you too daddy" He mumbled into my neck. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"You want to come with me?" I asked and he smiled big nodding.

"He is not going with you" Victoria said making me roll my eyes. I put Adair down and took him to go pack a bag. He nodded happily and ran to his room.

"He is not going with you Nicklaus" She repeated but I continued to ignore her as I followed Adair to help him with his packing.

"Nick listen to me" I rolled my eyes and walked in Adair's room to see him running around packing many toys. I chuckled and grabbed another bag putting some clothes in it. I moved quickly wanting to desperately get out of this house and fast.

"Ready man?" I asked Adair smiling down at him. He nodded and ran to me with a back bag full of some of his toys. I smiled and picked him up. Victoria grabbed my arm but I jerked it away.

"You can't take my son Nick" she cried but clearly faking it. Adair laid his head on my shoulder probably still tired since we did wake him up from his sleep.

"He is my son too" I say not caring if he was biologically or not. I raised him like he was mine and he is. Whoever his father is, they can't even claim him.

"Actually he is not" I stopped at her words before turning to her.

God she is lucky my ma raised me better.

"Who was with you when you were getting on my damn nerves with your crazy hormones never deciding on something to do. I was with you when you cheated on me with my fucking cousin. I still stayed with you even when my family begged me not to. I stayed with you when my birth mother wanted me to because you were fit for our rich "lifestyle". I stayed with you even when I didn't want to" I say angrily as I stared at her. She sent me a saddened expression before shaking her head still reaching for Adair.

"Back off Victoria" I warned as I glared at her. She didn't answer before grabbing Adair taking it out of my arms. Adair woke up again before kicking his feet and waving his hands crying.

"Adair stop! Go in your room and go to sleep" Victoria yelled at him but he didn't listen he continued to cry and reach for me.

"Stop acting like a damn child" she screamed at him before dropping him on the floor grabbing his hand to force him to walk. I quickly grabbed her arm yanking her from him and picked him up.

"How are you a mother?" I asked glaring at her. She looked at me with the most saddest look but I didn't care. I grabbed Adair bags and walked out of her condo with him in my arms.

"Nick!" She screamed as I got onto the elevator. She looked at me angrily before the doors closed on her. Adair gripped his tiny arms around my neck tight. I smiled and rubbed his back.

Thank God for mom making me put a car seat in all of my cars.

"Let's go home man" I whisper to him putting my son in his booster seat. He laid his head on the back seat before closing his eyes quickly going back to sleep. I looked at his dirty blonde hair and face structure. His hunter green eyes were closed but I sighed.

How could he not be my son? He acts exactly like me.

Thinking for a moment as I sat in the drivers seat. I watched him and looked at how he snores like my birth dad. His nose even was the same as the one me and my dad share. His lips were small petite like his mothers. I frowned and looked down for a second.

Snores like me

Tiny nose like me

Acts like me

Hair like mine

If he had all the characteristics and even acted like me then how can he not be mine? I frowned and looked at him again. Realizing something that I really hoped wasn't true, I gritted my teeth and called the number I knew would know the answer.

"Hello? Nick it's like 3 in the morning"

"Are you the father of Adair" I whispered yelled into the phone.

"No what the hel-"

"Tell me the fucking truth dad. Are you his father" I said getting out of the car feeling myself about to pull my eyes out. I heard him sigh into the phone before mumbling quietly.

"I don't know" he mumbled so quietly, I almost didn't hear him. Almost. Screaming in anger, I threw my phone, not giving a shit, to the ground.