Chapter 32

Maia's POV

Nick won.

He only walked out with a hurt hand and a black eye. He still looked hot though even more now.

Walking down the cold street with our hands sealed together. Lorenzo and Zora were in front of us talking to each other quietly. I looked at Nick as he stared at Zora and Lorenzo with a weird expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to him being cautious of the two in front of us. He looked down at me and nodded smiling softly at me.

"I'm just thinking about how Lorenzo has a girlfriend when he always told me to never date and that dating is bad" he replied laughing to himself. I bit my lip and looked at Lorenzo as he laughed at something Zora said.

"Maybe he had a bad experience with woman and didn't want you to go through that pain" I mumbled thinking about it. Nick sighed and shrugged looking at Enzo.

"Maybe"

"Guys! Come on!" Zora screamed as she opened the diner door and went inside. I quickly sped up my walking letting go of Nick's hand. I opened the door and walked inside heading the booth Zora was sitting at. I sat across from her and yawned feeling a little tired.

"I never been here before" I mumbled to Nick when he came and sat down next to me. He looked at me surprised and wrapped his arm around me.

"I love it here"Nick said as he scrolled his eyes through the menu we shared. I laid my head on his shoulder and look through it with him.

"Welcome to Honey Cloud diner I'm Georgia I'll be your server. Any drinks?" A lady came up to the table making me look up from the menu. We went around ordering our drinks. I got some water, Zora got a sprite, while Nick and Lorenzo both got a coke.

"I think I'm going to get the Smokey firehouse cheddar burger" I said looking at it. Nick looked at me with a look on his face I couldn't figure out.

"That's my favorite"

"Really?" Nick nodded looked up at Lorenzo and Zora who were staring at each other making me and Nick look at each other confused.

"What are you guys doing" I said looking at them. Lorenzo looked at us but didn't say anything.

"Staring contest that I just won" Zora said smiling. I shook my head and leaned more against Nick. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me and pulled me as closer as we could get.

"Here you guys go" Georgia said coming back to the table. She handed each of us our drinks while I said thank you.

"Are you guys ready to order" she asked once she was done. We all nodded and Nick gave his order.

"I want the Smokey firehouse cheddar burger can you make it onion rings instead of fries please" he said as he looked down at his menu. Georgia nodded as she wrote it all down before she looked at me.

"I want a Smokey firehouse cheddar burger too with fries but can you add mushrooms on the sandwich" I asked smiling a toothless smile at her. She nodded sending me a smile before turning to Zora and Lorenzo. I grabbed Nick's hand and played with his fingers bored.

"Nick if you weren't a boxer and a club owner, what would you be?" I asked looking at him. He looked down at me frowning in confusion.

"I always did want to be an artist I feel like I would be good at it" he said thinking as he spoke. I nodded and bit my lip.

"I didn't know you liked that kind of stuff" I mumbled turning in my seat to put my feet in his lap and leaned my head on his shoulder.

His hands immediately went to my feet rubbing them softly. I took my shoes off a while ago. I don't know what it is but Nick rubbed my feet one day and now I'm obsessed with him rubbing my feet anywhere. Nick told me he would do it anywhere anyway so there is no problem. No one can see my feet anyway from under the table.

"My mom" was all Nick said looking down at the table as if he was remembering a bad memory. I lifted his head up and kissed him.

"It's okay" I whispered before laying my head on his shoulder. He sighed and buried his face in my neck. It was probably an uncomfortable and awkward position for him but he did it anyway. I started to think about everything he has done for and smiled to myself. God really answered my prayers

I think I'm falling in love with him