Chapter 23

Don't forget to VOTE a and COMMENT!-thank you

Maia's POV
Same day, two hours later.

"You know when you said you had something else you wanted to do. I didn't think you meant this." I said putting on the boxing gloves. Nick laughed and shrugged.

"What can I say I love boxing" He said sending me his perfect smile. I shook my head and just sighed as I looked around the gym.

"But why am I doing this" I asked in confusion as I looked at the boxing bag in front of me.

"You need to learn how to defend yourself and you aren't going to be able to do that if you chose to continue to ignore those who bully you. So I'm teaching you how to fight and defend yourself. Time to start fighting back" Nick said looking at me straight in my eyes.

Well damn...

"What if I like just ignoring people and letting it go" I said frowning and crossed my arms.

"So you like letting people walk all over you and talk shit about you" He asked raising his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

"I don't know but that's what I'm doing okay" I answered sighing in frustration. He chuckled and shook his head walking closer to me.

"You May act like you don't have a problem with people disrespecting you and not doing nothing but I don't like that and you are going to learn to fight and you are going to fight back to these disrespectful people" He said as his jaw tighten as he spoke. I looked up at him and nodded in defeat. He nodded and moved toward the boxing bag.

"Now hit it"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Maia I'm not going to lie you have a mean right hook" Nick said laughing. I smiled and shrugged.

"I guess" I said putting a towel around my neck. Nick handled me a bottle of water and I took a sip of it.

Nick is right about me learning how to defend myself but I just don't want defend myself. I'm use to ignoring the problem and letting it go. Nick taught me how punch in all of the important places and he taught me how to defend myself with just words.

I appreciate him for real...

"You know I thank you for pushing me to do this" I said looking at him.

"It ain't even nothing to worry about. I got you" he said as we walked out of the gym and went to his car.

"How about some food. I don't know about you but I'm hungry as fuck after that" Nick said smiling at me.

"I could eat" I said putting my seatbelt on.

"It's 4pm so maybe we can just chill for the rest of the day" Nick suggested looking over at me as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"And do what" I said looking at him. I know damn well he ain't going to try and slide.

"We could chill at my house and watch something"

"You think you slick" I said laughing.

"Nah I promised I would chill with Zora and I want to watch the BET hip hop awards" I said looking at myself in the mirror, putting my hair in a bun.