Chapter 10

chapter dedicated to LilFilly_Philly_

Zora's POV

"I'll take you relax. I'm not going to hurt you or your friend" He said before leaving the room. She sighed and laid on the other couch in defeat. I barely know him and He seems alright.

Thank God, They was talking too much...giving me a damn headache.

"Your friend is...dick hot" I finally said slurring words almost as I sat up on the couch. She frowned at me probably still mad at me for getting drunk but I don't really care at this point.

"You are drunk you don't know what you are talking about." She said before getting up going to the mini bar looking for a bottle of water for her.

"You know I may be drunk but I did hear everything"I said as I took the cold bottle of water, she handled to me

"Whatever Z just drink" She said sitting next to me making me smile in my thoughts.

"You always did have a thing for bearded boys" I laughed as I took a sip of the water. I'm not even really that drunk but okay. She rolled her pretty eyes but cracked a smile.

"I have something to tell you" I said looking at her as I bit my lip. Putting my drink down on the table in front of me. I turned to her looking at her.

"What is it"

"I don't want you to hate me for this and I don't want you to think any different of me" I said biting my lip as I looked at my hands nervously.

"I'm not going to hate you nor think different of you"

"okay well I love you..." I said finally looking at her. She frowned in confusion

"I love you too Z you are my best friend and sister" She said not understanding how She could hate me for loving her. I sighed and shook my head.

"No Mai" I paused laughing at her words before continuing. "I love you more than a sister or a friend."

a moment passed where she didn't say anything

"What" She said to me. She looked away from me and stared off into space as She probably thought of what I was saying. Walking closer to her, I grabbed her chin softly in my hand and turned her head until her eyes were locked with mine.

"I love you Maia and I want you to be mine" I said softly keeping my eyes locked in hers.

I thought she would feel something for me. If it wasn't a lot that's fine but at least something. I was wrong though completely wrong. She was denial that was clear.

"Hey Um sorry about that." Nick said coming back into the apartment. I smiled as I took a sip of water. He looked sad and defeated so whatever they talked about was pretty important.

"Everything okay?" I asked out of curiosity as he came and sat on the couch next to me.

"I asked Maia if she would like to go somewhere after her classes" He said running his hands through his hair. I bit my lip softly as I looked at him.

How Maia got this man so into her...i will never know.

"What did she say?" I asked watching him as he stared at the tv even though it was turned off.

"She said she's good" He said sighing to himself shaking his head. I chuckled softly to myself at her answer before looking away.

"Well that's Maia Nixon for you" I said shrugging my shoulders as I chuckled again.

"I don't know what else I can do" He said standing up pacing around. I only watched him and got up walking toward him.

"Hey just go somewhere and calm down okay. Then at four, go to the college and pick up Maia" I said as I looked at the clock to see it read 12:40pm. Now I got only five minutes before class starts.

"Really? Okay four that's good four" He said nodding before heading to the door. He paused and turned to me.

"Thanks Zariah" He said before smiling at me and leaving. I nodded and sighed grabbing my purse and phone.

"Time for hell" I whispered to myself as I headed for the door.

——-:——-:——-

"You took forever" Maia said in a bored tone as I sat next to her in the back. I shrugged and got my stuff out.

"I was talking to a friend" I said looking at her. Her eyes glared at me before she turned her attention to the teacher.

"A friend huh you don't have friends Zora" She said rolling her eyes at my words.

"I consider him my friend Maia" I sighed as I ran my hair through my long hair. Thank god my black slash Asian blood gives me great hair.

"Him? Well what's his name" She said biting her pencil.

"Nicklaus" I said rolling my eyes at her for playing dumb.

"Nick as in Nick from the club"

"Oh my god Maia you acting like you wasn't just talking to him a hour ago" I said looking at her.

"Yeah but why are you talking to him" She said frowning at me. I chuckled and shook my head at her.

"I can talk to whoever I want to also he was asking an important question" I said grabbing a pencil writing down the notes the teacher was writing on the board.

"What question is that?" She asked frowning to herself.

"About a date" I said shrugging to myself. I couldn't tell her everything because then it will ruin the surprise Nick has for her.

She made a noise but didn't say anything to me for the rest of the class and the day. I felt bad for making her feel bad but she did it to me.