i promise- peter parker

Ever since you first met Peter Parker, you knew that you'd become really good friends with him. You did everything together: studying, going to the movies, training together, and even going on missions together. From the beginning, you were tied together, sharing an unbreakable bond.

Somewhere along those years, the feelings of friendship changed into feelings of something more. You didn't know when it happened, or how it happened, but it made you a little scared because you weren't sure of how to deal with it.

From when you were both new to the Avengers, the team claimed to see something brewing between you two, or "major chemistry," as Bruce liked to call it. You were only thirteen at the time, and didn't know what this all meant. Peter was an affectionate person, so whenever he hugged you, you never took it as a sign. On the other hand, the others went crazy when you guys did so much as high-five.

With deep, brown eyes, and messy, wavy hair, calling him good-looking was an understatement. He was drop-dead gorgeous. You especially liked it when you guys were working out, because you'd get a glimpse of his toned abs.

An iconic part of your friendship was the bets you would make with one another, it made everyone laugh to see how competitive you two would get.

The team was also very quick to catch onto your feelings, and every time Peter left the room, they'd start nudging you and making endless jokes about how cute you would be as a couple. And your dad, Tony, would be making the most jokes out of all of them. He knew about your feelings ever since you'd first caught them and would seize any opportunity he had to tease you about it.

Now you were all gathered together in the living room, watching random things on the TV. Someone got the idea to put the old home video CD into the player, so that's what you were watching now.

A video of Thor and Loki as little kids, Loki trying to escape Thor as he attempted to zap him with little lightning bolts.

Natasha and Clint, holding hands as they jumped out of a plane together for the first time.

Tony at the age of ten, presenting his project at a science fair, and winning first prize.

Then, another video came on, and it was of you and Peter. Everyone lurched forward in their seats, eager to see what it was about.

You were at Central Park with him, Aunt May, and Tony. Both of you had just turned 5 at the time, and you were giddy with excitement as he chased you down the grassy hill.

He caught up to you, jumping on you and tackling down so the tiny grass blades tickled your face, making you laugh even harder.

Then you two laid on your backs and stared up at the sky, at the fluffy, white clouds. "Peter," you said in your little-kid voice. "What does that one look like to you?"

"A rabbit chasing a duck," he replied. "Like that story Mommy would tell me, about the turtle guy and the bunny, racing? Except it's a ducky."

"Right." Then he reached his hand out and laced his fingers with yours as you gazed at each other.

"I love you this much," Peter said, stretching his arms out wide. "You will always be mine."

The team all smiled at this, nudging you and Peter as you blushed furiously.

"I love you too, Petey."

"Then we should go on a date. Like, be boyfriend and girlfriend."

"But my mommy said we're too young to be dating. She says we need to be older."

"Then we can wait till we're older. Aunt May, how old was Mommy when she found her first love?"

"Sixteen," Aunt May smiled at her nephew.

"Then I will ask you to be my girlfriend when we turn sixteen. Because you will be my first love. Promise?"

"Promise." You pinky-swore with him as he kissed your cheek and smiled, getting up with him and linking arms, skipping off into the sunset.

The video ended, and you immediately locked eyes with Peter, who was beaming, his face lit up. "Y/N, do you remember that?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, I do," you replied, chuckling. "And after we went to the park, you came over to Tower and played hide-and-seek?"

"You almost destroyed my suit from flying around in it, sweetheart," Tony grumbled. "You're lucky that I didn't take all your Barbie dolls away from you."

"Well, in my defense, I didn't actually destroy your suit. And I've been kicking ass ever since then!" You did a fake karate-chop move, causing Peter to double over in laughter.

"Language!" Steve scolded, although he was trying his best to supress a grin behind his stern face.

"So what are you guys going to do now?" Clint looked at you curiously.

"What do you mean, what are we going to do now?" You cocked your head in confusion. "I don't get what you're talking about."

"That promise."

"Oh, that's nothing," you said immediately.

"Yeah, that's, uh, n-nothing," Peter stuttered, and you dashed off, away from him to avoid any further embarrassment or awkwardness.

"What's wrong with her?" Bruce scratched his head, genuinely confused.

"She's acting so weird," Peter admitted.

"Two little Midgardians being clueless, how adorable," Thor commented. "People on Asgard are much more straightforward than here. They aren't as oblivious as people here."

"This is so annoying," Natasha groaned.

"What is?"

"This!" She gestured to the entire living room with her arm. "This whole thing. Y/N and Peter, they're meant to be and we need to get them together before it's too late!"

"Is that a new mission I hear?" Bucky perks up.

"Definitely. Now this may be our most important mission of the year. You guys all know your jobs. Get Spidey and Speedy together before our time runs out. Got it?"

"Got it," everyone responded.

"Guys?" Peter spoke up. "What are you doing? Are you sure this is going to work? Will this really work out? Because if it doesn't---"

"We're the Avengers, Parker," Steve cuts him off. "Of course it's going to work. You do want to ask her to prom, is that right?"

"But I never said anything about having feelings for her, or asking her to---"

"It's so obvious you do. Even the stupidest person on the planet would be able to tell. And they'd also be able to tell that she likes you too."

"This better work, Captain."

"Trust me, it will."