i warned you- steve rogers

╔═══════════════════╗

request: when steve gets injured but

he was the one who warned you to stay

safe in the first place

╚═══════════════════╝

(note: if you requested this pls remind me again! lol I forgot who did so)

and also I'm trying a new story format. hope you enjoy lmao

edit : requested by @tink9988

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Y/N, you ready?" Steve asked from the copilot's seat in the cockpit of the Quinjet.

You flashed him a wide grin and a thumbs-up before pressing several buttons to start up the aircraft, hearing the engines whir to life as you slid your headset on over your head.

"Don't make us crash, Y/L/N!" Clint called from behind you, looking up from where he was intently studying the tablet in his hands with Bruce and Tony, your father. "I'm not going to let myself die at the hands of the team's baby here. I'd rather be killed by some asswipe HYDRA guard than you."

"Shut up," you scoffed, rolling your eyes. "First off, I'm two years younger than Cap---twenty-five months to be exact, and I flew my first jet at fourteen. Secondly, I'm not the youngest here, Peter and the twins are."

"Your mental age is the complete opposite!" Pietro shouted from the other side of the jet and you shot him a death glare before looking back at Clint again.

"But your mental age is like, 10."

"At least it's not 2, like yours," you retorted, snorting and turning back to the front watching the clouds whiz past you in a blur. "Oh, and Steve, can you reenter the coordinates for me? Just to be safe."

"Sure," he nodded, quickly typing in the coordinates to where the HYDRA labs were said to be situated.

"So, Fury just sent to us the list of partners..." Bruce murmured as he swiped to the right on the screen, "heads-up, everyone. Tony, you're with me, Nat and Wanda, Bucky, Sam, and Clint, Peter and Pietro, Vision, Thor, and Rhodes, and last but not least, the lovebirds---Steve and Y/N."

You coughed awkwardly, feeling the heat rise up your cheeks. "Excuse me?"

Steve choked on his own spit. "What?"

"Lovebirds!" Peter and Pietro sing-songed, wiggling their eyebrows up and down.

"Don't be ridiculous," you groaned, rolling your eyes. "There's absolutely nothing between Steve and I."

"Uh huh," Peter hummed, "sure there isn't. Well, there may be only feelings now..."

"...but there'll be a baby later!" Pietro finished, cackling maniacally.

"Kid, keep your mouth shut for now, alright? We have more important things to focus on," Steve hissed through clenched teeth.

But both teenagers and the others could clearly see the blush creeping up both your faces.

"Ha," Tony snorted, "he actually labeled you two 'lovebirds'."

"Fury ships it! Yay!" Peter squealed, clapping his hands and jumping up and down.