someone like you- steve rogers (part 1)

╒══════════════════╕

cliche oneshot #1923894

in which the ideas in this

are thought up as I write

╘══════════════════╛

so. I've been suffering from writer's block again and I'm just coming up with ideas for this cliche garbage oneshot as I go along.

my writing is literal garbage wtfffa

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

"Sam. I need to ask you something," you stated breathlessly as you walked into the lounge.

You flopped down on the sofa and leaned back, propping your feet up at the table and glancing over at your best friend, who gave you a curious sort of look

"What's up?"

"So..." you nervously wrung out your hands, "what would you do, if you had a crush so severe that it overwhelmed you and took over your entire life to the point that you can barely focus anymore, even when doing the simplest things? You know, when you can't get someone off your mind and you're not sure whether you like them or are in love with them. When you can't decide whether the feelings you think you have are genuine or not. I was assuming I'd know this by now, but..."

"Are you asking me this because you want advice on Cap...?" he guessed.

"No!" you shouted suddenly, eyes widening at your outburst and frantically looking around to make sure Steve wasn't actually in proximity to your conversation, then lowered your voice. "No. I just...I was just curious."

Sam gave you a strange look. "O-kay...then. So when you like someone, you're simply happy with being around them. But if you're in love, well, you're kinda screwed. It's hard to get out of being in love."

"Not helping," you scoffed, rolling your eyes and smacking him with a pillow. "Look, I'm asking you because I didn't wanna ask Dad or Bucky. There's no way I could trust them with this kind of stuff. And I didn't want to bother Nat or Wanda because they're busy training or hanging out with Vision, so."

"Touche," he agreed, "I wouldn't either, if I were you. But please tell me you're going to do something about your feelings instead of just letting it all build up inside of you until it finally explodes one day."

"Nope!" you sing-songed. "Superheroes don't have time for this crap."

"Cut the BS, Y/N. Stop using that 'I'm a superhero and therefore, I am too busy for anything other than kicking ass and saving people' excuse. We all know that ain't true."

"Why does it matter? It isn't like he's ever going to reciprocate my feelings, anyways, because he's also too busy with---"

"AHA!" he suddenly jumped off of the beanbag chair he was sitting in and pointed at you. "So you ARE in love with him! Oh my god, you're in love with him! That's real feelings right there!"

"Shut up!" you hissed, tugging him by the ear before smacking him upside the forehead.

"Ow!"

You shot him an angry glare. "Really, Wilson?"

"Yes, really."

"I'm so screwed," you groaned, sliding a hand down your face and closing your eyes.

He snorted. "Yeah. You're fucked, man."