just friends?- peter parker

<<a/n: as requested by @billymacher i hope you enjoy ahaha i tried my best to make this work but im sorry if its so bland:(>>>

You and Peter were often times mistaken to be a couple, and people would always go 'Aww, you guys are so cute together!' Or, 'How long have you two been together?' These kinds of comments were especially bad from the team because they relentlessly teased the two of you about secretly liking each other but not knowing about your feelings and whatnot. So you and Peter made it a competition to see who could shut down or deny these comments first.

But deep down, you did have feelings for Peter, and who could blame you? The two of you had been friends since you were in diapers, and Tony and May had known each other for a while as well. They made it their job from the very beginning to make you two be best friends, and succeeded in doing so.

It was hard not to fall for him because you two were always seeing each other, at the compound and at school. The two of you did everything together---you were both introduced to the Avengers team at the same time, you went on missions together, vacations, and even had the majority of your classes at school together.

He went from adorable to suddenly really good-looking, and that was when you found yourself seeing him as something more than just a really close friend. People always told you that it was hard for a guy and girl to maintain a close friendship without falling for the other, and you never really understood why it was so difficult. Not until now.

Besides Natasha and Wanda, there was no one you could tell about your feelings as Tony, your father, would simply tease you about it and talk about how much he shipped the two of you, Bucky and Sam would make jokes about the two of you getting married and having little Avenger babies, and Steve would keep pushing you to make a move on him, or the other way around.

That was why you buried those feelings deep down inside and pretended as if you never really had a crush on him. You pretended as if you thought of him as nothing more than a friend, although you felt the complete opposite of that.

It was Friday and luckily, it was a half-day because of finals week. Peter was going to come over after finishing lunch (he came over almost every single day), and you would study together and end up just hanging out afterwards. On the weekends, he'd sleep over (all the more reason for Tony and the team to tease you about your friendship).

Peter was with Aunt May eating takeout. You see, Aunt May was a big Y/N and Peter shipper, and she always asked him about you. Today, you were simply walking out of school together, about to drop him off at his apartment before you went to the cafe for Natasha to pick you up when the last bell rang, and somehow ended up holding hands along the way.

Neither one of you knew how it happened but you didn't question it in fears of making a big fool out of yourself. Needless to say, you were giddy with excitement.

"So, who was that girl I saw you walking home with the other day?" May asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"It was just Y/N," Peter replied casually.

"Is that so? Because I thought I saw you two holding hands."

"Well, y-yeah, we were crossing the street," he stuttered, his cheeks now turning red. "She was walking me home and wehad to cross the street."

"When I saw you two, you weren't crossing any streets..." May eyed her nephew suspiciously.

"W-well, about that---"

"Peter, do you have a crush on her?"

"No!" he responded quickly. "Why would I?"

"Sounds like you do," she smiled widely.