everlasting friendship- steve rogers

the second winner of my oneshot contest, @-ThorsQueen- ! thank you for being so patient with me with getting this up <3 and please note that peter is around their age in this imagine!

You and Peter sat on the couch in the living room giggling like two school girls as you scrolled through your Instagram explore page. Watching the videos that made you love and hate society at the same time. Peter's head on your shoulder as your legs rested in his lap. You and him were the definition of best friends, the types of people who hung out, worked out, and went out together all the time. Which unfortunately, gave a certain super soldier a false sign.

The thing was, that Steve absolutely adored you. The way you smiled, rolled your eyes, and stood up for yourself or even in some cases, snapped back when Tony made a sarcastic remark. Even the way that you were with children, made Steve fall for you even more with every passing day.

"I promise you, Steven, Peter and Y/N feel nothing more the friendship for each other. It's a well known fact," Tony said to the super-solider one day when he was moping in the kitchen as you were out with Peter shopping. "Their relationship is just platonic."

"How can you be so sure, Stark? Peter is literally with her every second of the day." Steve groaned as Tony rolled his eyes.

"Look, women only act like that when it's their best friend. When it's the boyfriend, they weirdly need their space sometimes." Tony explained and Steve only shrugged as the playboy walked off.

...

Later that day, Peter was eating a snack on the couch as he watched a random show. You nowhere to be found. So Steve gathered a little bit of courage and walked over as he cleared his throat. "Hey Peter." He smiled, the brown haired boy turning his head and smiling.

"Hey Steve! How've you been?" He asked, a large smile on Peter's face as he paused the show to give Steve his full attention.

"I've been good but I have a question for you." Steve said as he sat beside Peter with a serious look on his face.

Peter gulped. "Look....If it's about those movies I ordered in Berlin...." he trailed off on his sentence. Steve's eyes widened and he immediately shook his head.

"No, god no, it's not about that. I uh...You're an adult Pete, you can talk to Aunt May about.....that." Steve mumbled. "But my question's about Y/N." he lowered his voice to a whisper.

"Oh! Right!" Peter smiled. "Y/N's single and is waiting for you." He teased.

"What?"

I'm serious. She talks about you all the time. Sam and Bucky have a bet to see how long it'll take for you two to get together," he chuckled. "She's in her room if you wanna talk to her now."

Peter said and motioned for Steve to go. Steve sent Peter a warm smile as he stood up.

"Thanks, Pete," he smiled before walking away.

"You just said I'm an adult...." He mumbled.

...

As you on your bed, music playing through your speaker to escape the pain from your ankle that you accidentally rolled while playing tag with Sam, you heard a soft knock at your door.

"Come in!!" you announced.

Steve poked his head in and gave you a smile he didn't give anyone else. "Hey Y/N. Can we talk?" he spoke quietly.

You nodded and motioned for him to sit down.

"What's up?" you asked as you tilted your head to observe him for a moment.

"Well, I've been meaning to get this off my chest for a long time and I haven't, because you and Peter looked so close and I didn't want to ruin anything that you guys had so I backed off...." he began rambling on before you cut him off.

"I like you too, Steve," you interrupted, smiling at the blush that crept over his cheeks.

"Well...uh...yeah...that's a relief." Steve said softly as you both locked eyes.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" You heard from the vents as Clint, Sam, and Bucky all squeezed in above you. You screamed as the air duct came crashing down in your room and all three men laughed.

"God, we actually work with children." You chuckled before you felt Steve cup your cheek in his hand and pressed his lips to yours.