couldn't save them- peter parker (part 2)

(a/n: sorry but this is basically a filler chapter and in it peter's basically trying to heal and stuff agh i almost cried while writing these series my poor bby ;(((()

After the funeral, Peter stayed cooped up in his room the entire time, refusing to come out and eat, not even coming down to train, and the only times he actually left were to use the restroom, but even them, you never saw him.

"Y/N?" Natasha asked you. "Do you think you can get him to come out of there?"

"I don't know...and what makes you think I could do it, out of all of us?"

"Believe me, I've tried, and so has Tony, but he won't come out. And you're his best friend. He won't let us come in."

"Alright, fine." You walk upstairs and softly knock on his bedroom door.

"Go away," a muffled voice calls back. "I said that I don't want any Pop-Tarts, Thor."

"It's Y/N," you say. "Come on, let me in."

"Why?"

"Just let me in, please."

You hear grumbling, but a few seconds later, the door is unlocked so you push it open. Surprisingly, his room wasn't all that messy, but Peter himself looked like a mess. His eyes were red-rimmed and puffy from crying, his hair was all messed up, and he just looked...well...tired, as if he hadn't slept at all.

"Jesus, Peter, have you been getting any sleep at all?"

"No."

"Are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay? Yeah, I'm totally fine, I'm great," he scoffed, but when he sees the hurt look on your face, stops talking. "No...I'm not..."

"Oh come here..." You sit on his bed next to him and pull him into a tight hug.

"It still hurts..." he complained, laying his head in your lap. "I don't know if I'll ever get over it."

"It just takes time, Pete. It just takes time." You absentmindedly played with Peter's soft, light brown curls, as you thought about how long that healing would really take. "Maybe months, or years, or decades, we don't know. But we'll get through it, don't worry."

"Thank you," he said moments later.

"For what?"

"For always being here."

"You know I'm always going to be here for you, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, I know. You're the best," he mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes and relaxing against you, pulling the covers over him. "Love you, Y/L/N..." With that, he fell asleep, snoring softly.

"I love you too." You placed a kiss on his cheek and propped his head on his pillow, making sure to gently close the door behind you.

"Did it work?" Steve asked as soon as you left his room.

"I got him to talk, but now he's sleeping," you explained. "He'll be alright."

"How did you do that?"

"I don't know," you admitted honestly. "He's just really tired right now because he hasn't slept for three days straight."

"Three days?"

"Yeah."

"You're such a mom."

"I'm not being a mom, I just want him to get some more sleep because he'll get sick and---oh...you're right. I am being a mom."

"You think you can take care of him these next few days for us? I don't think he's exactly willing to talk to any of us yet, when I tried to go in there he chucked a pillow at my face."