just chillin'- peter parker

Right now, Peter was swinging across the city of Queens, the night relatively quiet and breezy. He was grateful for the absence of crime, because that meant he could visit you, his best friend. It didn't matter how long or short that time he spent with you was, as long as he could at least see you, before Tony sent him out on another solo mission and launched him into work once again. You, too, were an Avenger, but because you cared so much about schoolwork you felt as if it could be put aside at times, only going out when absolutely necessary.

He swifty landed on the edge of your window and knocked quickly three times, his signal to you that would let you know he was there. Not long after he knocked, he heard you fumble with the lock and slide the window open, and he ducked his head underneath, hopping inside.

"Hey," he greeted as he pulled his mask off over his head and slid the window back down. "You doing alright?"

"Mhm," you smiled softly. "It's been boring, though. Ned says that we need to all meet up and build that Lego Death Star soon because you keep procrastinating. Keeps telling me that you're either really lazy or you're just not into Star Wars, which I totally doubt."

"We'll get to that, don't worry," he chuckled, running a hand through his curls. "But I missed you."

"Hey, it's only been since, what, Thursday?" you laughed.

"I know, but it feels like forever," he sighed, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you to him, burying his head in your neck. "I'm sorry I couldn't visit. Mr. Stark's been keeping me really busy, and I know you've been preparing for your upcoming exams, and...yeah. Steve and Nat also say they really miss you and that you should stop by the compound more often."

"It's fine, Peter," you murmured into his chest, letting your eyes momentarily close. "I'm just glad you're okay. And I'll make sure to visit you guys soon. I've just been busy, that's all..."

You tried your best to ignore the butterflies flying around in your stomach at his touch, but it was difficult: you had somehow made that cliche mistake of falling for your best friend and didn't know what to do about it.

He raised an eyebrow at you. "Movie marathon? With cookies?"

"You read my mind," you laughed, "You can go set everything up and I'll put the cookies in the oven and get the drinks. " You pulled away from his embrace, going over to the kitchen and opening the fridge, popping the premade cookie dough balls into the oven to bake.

Once they were in the oven, you set the drinks on a tray and made your way over to the couch, setting it on the coffee table and plopping down next to Peter, who was already making himself at home.

"How's it been going solo without the firegirl?" you joked, nudging him in the shoulder. Ever since you'd gotten your fire powers around the same time Peter had gotten bit by that spider, you'd been working alongside him and now that you were too busy, Peter had to go solo on his missions.

"It's kinda lonely, if I'm gonna be honest. Oh, you know that lady who bought me a churro? She bought me another one the other day, while I was swinging around," he grinned, "It was really good."

You grabbed the nearby pillows and propped them against the sofa, leaning back against them with a sigh. "Ah, this is nice," you let out a sigh of relief. "Nothing but relaxing."

"I'm glad I get to spend some time with you," your best friend looked over to where you were sitting and decided to scoot closer to you, wrapping an arm around you, and you instinctively leaned into his touch until your head was resting on his shoulder.

"Me too," you agreed. "Now. The cookies should be done soon, so what movie should we watch? Or TV show?"

"Hm...I'm in the mood for Supernatural." He flipped through the channels and clicked several buttons until he found what he'd wanted to watch, then settled back, leaning against you slightly.