side by side- steve rogers

╒══════════════════╕

in which they're always

together and nothing can

tear them apart

╘══════════════════╛

inspired by a scene from CA:WS (ugh they have so many good scenes) but I've made it so it's in an AU timeline (Clint's in Rumlow's place bc Rumlow=hoE)

italics=French

I feel like I don't do injured Steve in the hospital as often and I'm a sucker for these cliche scenes, here you go:)

RANDOM DEDICATION TO @rynhaswritersblock I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPLAIN. THIS IS FOR YOU. IM SORRY IT SUCKS LOL

this is a long oneshot reeeee (2500+ I'm sorry)

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star," Clint explained as the SHIELD helicarrier zipped over the Indian Ocean. "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them 93 minutes ago."

"How many pirates?" Steve asked.

"25. Top mercs led by this guy. Georges Batroc," he tapped the screen several times, pulling up the man's profile, "Tony said he was Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?"

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell." the archer pulled up Sitwell's photo on the monitor. "They're in the galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Y/N, kill the engines and wait for instructions. Clint, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move."

"You guys heard Cap," Clint informed the others, "gear up."

"Secure channel seven," Steve spoke into his wrist communicator.

"Seven secure. You do anything fun Saturday night?" you quirked an eyebrow.

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead," he replied, "so...no, not really."

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap," a pilot informed him over the radio.

"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics," you continued, "she'd probably say yes."

"That's why I don't ask."

"Too shy or too scared?"

"Too busy!" he slid his shield onto his back and jumped out of the jet.

"Was he even wearing a parachute?" an agent asked.

Clint smiled. "No. No, he wasn't."

After jumping out the jet, Steve dove into the ocean and then climbed onto the ship, swiftly beating everyone on the deck before anyone raised the alarm when he was interrupted by one of the pirates pointing his gun at him.

"Don't move! Don't move," he barked in French, but was quickly shot down by one of Clint's arrows as he parachuted down onto the deck behind him.

"Thanks," Steve nodded.