regrets- peter parker

"Y/N! Wake up and get your lazy ass out of bed, now!"

You moaned sleepily in response, rolling over on your side and burying your face into your pillow before jerking the covers over your head, only for a rather annoyed Natasha to yank them right off.

"Nat!" you snapped, sitting up and glaring at her, "what the hell is going on?"

"Suit up. We're going," she stated before walking out your door, "and meet by hangar bay 2 in fifteen minutes. Everything will be explained to you once you board the jet."

You scrunched your nose in confusion before going into your bathroom and quickly changing into your suit, tying your hair back into a tight ponytail and going downstairs once you were finished.

The sounds of your footsteps echoed across the ground as you sprinted down to the hangar bay where everyone was told to meet, and you slowed down once you saw the rest of the team there, talking about what was going on as they boarded.

"Dad." You turned to Tony, who'd just finished speaking with Rhodey, "what's happening?"

"SHIELD found that HYDRA has another base stationed down in Colombia. Rhodey will give out the details once everyone's finished boarding."

"At this ungodly hour?"

"I asked that same question too, sweetheart. But missions are missions, and they can happen at any time of every day," he sighed, before motioning that you should start to board the Quinjet along with everyone else. "Your weapons are already in the back."

You stepped onto the ramp and stepped into the Quinjet, where Clint was talking with Sam about controls in the cockpit, Natasha and Wanda looking over the mission details on the screen with Bruce, Vision, Pietro, Bucky, and Steve, Thor mindlessly swinging his hammer around as he leaned against the wall, and Peter staring off into space in the back area.

"Oh, hey," he smiled softly when he saw you approaching. "You tired too?"

"Mhm," you nodded, sitting down next to him and strapping your seatbelt on after you'd secured your snipers, "but who isn't?"

"Good point."

"Promise me you won't screw up and get hurt, idiot," you joked as you rested your head against his shoulder before slowly drifting off to sleep.

"I promise," he murmured.

Although you were feeling far more nervous than you'd sounded.

...

It only seemed like a minute had passed when Peter gently shook you awake, telling you that you had to prepare for landing. You blinked and opened your eyes, stretching and standing up to go get your weapons as the lights in the Quinjet flashed a dull red, signaling that it was approaching the area.

From what you could see that was visible outside the window, you could tell that this was a heavily guarded base, and also in the middle of an old, shady town like those you'd seen plenty of times before in movies. It should've scared you but because you'd gotten so used to scenes like this and even worse, it didn't.

All you were worried about was Peter getting hurt, and that thought wouldn't leave your mind even as you'd slept, sticking at the back of your brain and nagging at you.

Everyone began making their way over to the back gate which was beginning to open, sliding their weapons into their holsters and reloading them so you did the same, refilling your sniper with a new set of bullets.

Your heart was suddenly beating out of your chest and you nervously reached for Peter's hand, intertwining your fingers together.

He saw the worried look on your face and gave you a reassuring grin, squeezing your hand tightly.