everything comes at a price- steve rogers

╒════════════════════╕

a cliche in which she risks

her life and an overprotective

cap becomes worried about her

╘════════════════════╛

soooo once again I watched more of the kdrama and was inspired to incorporate a scene in the episode into this oneshot...Crash Landing on You is amazing, I swear on Odin's beard... T_T the level of angst in the drama has brought me to tears oh my

I'm sorry for the emotional scenes I'm a sucker for angst :/

WOW. THREE UPDATES IN THREE DAYS. I AM ON A ROLLLLL

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

Oh, what a mistake you'd just made.

You promised Steve you'd be just fine fighting off two dozen HYDRA soldiers that were spread out all over the facility on your own, because you had telekinetic powers, a katana, and a gun that almost always hit its target in the right spot.

But when you were distracted with landing a sucker punch to one's face, you heard a shot ring out, and felt something cold and hard hit you in the side.

Ignoring it, you quickly dashed into the warehouse to take down the rest of the guys, and it was only after you stopped running that you could feel the pain spreading through your abdomen and stinging white-hot, like something was internally setting you on fire.

"Shit," you hissed, cringing when you pressed a hand to the bullet wound, your hand coming back covered in blood. "Shit, shit, shit, what am I gonna do, shit---"

"Y/N? Are you alright?" Bucky called from up ahead. "You need help or something?"

"No!" you yelled back. "I need to finish these bastards off, give me a minute and I'll catch up to you guys."

"Alright, then, stay safe. Stevie's gonna kick your ass to WWII and back if you come back injured," he warned, then went back to fighting alongside Sam and Pietro.

Funny, guess who's been shot already. Guess I'm busted, then, you thought to yourself, snorting.

You let out a long exhale and quickly shot down your assailant point-blank, a smirk crossing over your face when he slumped to the ground like a rag doll. But the momentary victory was quickly taken over by the growing burning sensation in your side.

Biting back your screams, you shook your head to yourself and continued on, quickly making your way over to where the rest of the team was.

Thankfully, carrying out the rest of the mission from there was relatively simple. Because you'd taken down so many soldiers on your own and everyone was fighting the rest alongside one another, things ran more smoothly than expected. Even though, you received a long gash to your cheek from one of the men's daggers, and most likely would be seeing about a hundred bruises all over your body the next morning.

As you all headed back to the Quinjet and started taking your seats to prepare for takeoff, that was when the effects of the gunshot wound started getting to your head, making you feel lightheaded and dizzy. Your vision gradually started blurring, and it was hard to walk without stumbling and doubling over in pain, clutching your stomach.