arcades and games- steve rogers

(a/n: i'm so sorry this literally just popped into my head and i thought it'd be funny)

"What's Chuck E Cheese's?"

Bucky and Pietro were curious on what that place was so you had to explain to them, although you really didn't want to. "It's this arcade, an arcade for little kids, and you get tickets when you win games and you cash them in for prizes, and the mascot is a rat."

"Ooh! Can we go?" The speedster jumped up and down excitedly, looking eager.

"No."

"Awww, come on! Don't be a buzzkill! Tony, can we go?" He turned to the billionaire. "Pleeeeease?"

"Sure, why not. We don't have anything better to do anyways."

"Oh god, please, no," you complained, banging your forehead on the wall several times. Last time you went, you were dragged along by Peter. Peter, being the curious child he is, snuck up behind the Chuck E Cheese mouse and took his mouse head off, causing all the little children to scream and run out of the place.

You haven't gone back ever since.

And let's just say that Tony didn't let you or Peter anywhere that could have mice or rats around afterwards.

"Oh my god, are we going to Chuck E Cheese's again?" Peter squealed. "Y/N! Y/N! Remember when we last went, and..."

"Yes, I do," you sighed, patting his head. "Tony, remind me why you are letting us go again?"

"We're going to try and give it another chance, since they haven't gone. But you, more specifically Peter," he pointed at both of you, "no pranking the rat or other characters. No naughty business."

"Yes, Mr. Stark," he nodded.

Steve, your best friend of five years, came running downstairs at that moment, smiling at you as he did so, making butterflies flutter in your stomach (you know why). "Hey, guys." You ran up to him and launched yourself into his strong arms, wrapping your legs around his torso.

He was taken aback at first, but then got over his shock and put his arms around your waist to hold you up. "What's wrong?"

"Chuck E Cheese's," you groaned, setting yourself back down.. "we're going to Chuck E Cheese's."

"Is that why you weren't here on Sunday for two hours?"

"The longest and most painful two hours of my life. Save me, please."

"Rogers, you're coming too. We all are," Tony called. "Unless you guys want to run laps around the compound."

"It can't be that bad, can it?" Steve looked at you, a hopeful look on his face. "From what I've heard..."

"It can." You gave him the 'look', raising an eyebrow. "It really can."

-----

Sadly, you had to go. Although having him along by your side made things just a bit better.

Seriously, Y/N, you need to stop with these stupid-ass feelings, he's never going to notice! He only sees me as a really close friend, come on! You scolded yourself for internally fangirling because his hand brushed against yours when you were walking up to the doors of the children's arcade.

"Get ready for torture, Mr. America," you joked, rolling your eyes at the loud noises of shrieking kids and the colorful games.

"Oh, I'm ready," he grinned. "Ticket competition? Whoever gets the most tickets and buys the most lame prizes wins."