movies and OTPs- steve rogers

a fluffy Steve oneshot where all the Avengers are having a movie night together :)

If there was one word that the Avengers could use to describe how it felt watching you and Steve interact with one another but be completely oblivious to the other person's feelings, it would most definitely be painful. Even though the two of you consistently told them that you were nothing more than best friends, they all refused to believe that fact as they'd all already jumped onboard the Y/N and Steve ship.

"Mr. Stark."

"Yes, Peter?" Tony sat up in his chair, rubbing his forehead as he stared blankly at the equation in front of him.

"Don't you think that instead of moping around about how Y/N and Cap aren't doing anything about their feelings, that we should actually come up with a plan to get them to do so?"

"Hm..." he thought for a moment, tapping his pen against his chin before pointing at the boy, "you're right. Bruce?"

"Hm?" The scientist looked up from the microscope he was peering through. "What's going on?"

"Tell the others to hurry up and get down here. We have a plan."

Bruce scrunched his nose in confusion. "A plan? What plan?"

"A plan. For them."

A look of instant recognition passed over his face. "Oh! Them. I'll go get the others now, then."

Within a minute, Thor, Pietro, Wanda, Bucky, Sam, Rhodey, Clint, and Natasha came rushing downstairs.

"We heard that we are finally forming a plan of action to get the lovely Lady Y/N and Captain Rogers together, yes?" Thor asked.

"Finally!" Pietro clapped. "It's been too long. We need to do something about it."

"Yup," Tony nodded, "so start brainstorming. And hurry before Y/N and Steve get suspicious about why you guys are gone, so ten minutes, then we have to get out of here."

...

Ten minutes later, everyone had agreed on a solid plan and made their way upstairs to the lounge, flopping across the couch, beanbag chairs, and in Peter and Pietro's case, spreading out like a starfish on the rug. Right at that moment, you and Steve come back upstairs from the training room, both wearing confused expressions on your faces.

"Hey...guys...?" you narrowed your eyes and tilted your head to the side slightly. "What's going on?"

"Ah, nothing," Sam replied smoothly, leaning back in the beanbag chair and propping his feet up against the coffee table, "We just wanted to say hello to you lovely people."

"That's right," Tony echoed, "hello."

"Are you guys okay?" Steve looked at the team suspiciously. "What's going on?"

"Nothing!" Peter smiled innocently, folding his hands neatly in his lap.

"You sure you're alright?" You tilted your head slightly, carefully observing him. "What's wrong?"

"We were just thinking, honey...how about a movie night?" Tony suggested. "We haven't been able to take a proper break between missions and everyone agreed that this would be a good idea."

"Uh, sure," you shrugged. "Steve, you in?"

"Sure, why not," Steve nodded.

"10 p.m. Don't be late, or I'll have Thor force you guys out of your rooms and make JARVIS put the entire floor on lockdown so that you won't be able to leave during the movie," Tony reminded the two of you, before sending a subtle wink in your direction. "Don't get too caught up with---"