brokenhearted- peter parker

<<a/n: you wonder why theres these angsty happy imagines? ITS BECAUSE UR MANS IS HEARTBROKEN SO GET READY FOR A BUNCH OF THAT YEET IDEK WHY IM PUBLISHING THIS SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ A CRINGEY PIECE OF CRAP GO AHEAD AND READ THIS>>

Your heart was slamming inside your chest as you dialed your best friend's number with shaky fingers, hoping and praying that he would pick up, hoping that it wouldn't go straight to voicemail as it usually did, because often times, he was busy with the Decathlon or other Spider-Man activities, or working with Tony and the team.

"Hello?"

"Peter," you sobbed into your phone, "she---she's..."

"What? What's going on?" he questioned hurriedly, but his voice softened when he heard the sudden grief in your tone, "what happened, are you alright?"

"My mom, she...she was killed," you managed to get out before choking on another sob, "car crash, on the way back from work yesterday night, she said she'd be back late, but she never came back, she never made it back home, and---"

"What?"

"She's dead, Peter. Killed."

"Oh my god," he practically whisper-shouted, in shock and still trying to process what you'd said, "I'm so sorry, oh my god, what---"

"She's dead, Peter, she's dead," you repeated, placing a hand over your mouth in an attempt to conceal any further sobs, "she's dead, she's dead...and I can't bring her back..."

"I'm so sorry," he said, feeling his heart shatter into a million little pieces at the sound of your voice, "I'm so sorry."

"Can I come over?" you whispered, "I don't want to be here alone."

"I'm with Mr. Stark for the weekend, I'll let them know you're coming," he replied before you hung up, ending the call.

God. Peter didn't know that there was a pain worse than recieving a bullet wound to the abdomen, but when he heard your voice break for the first time in what seemed like years, he knew that such a thing was possible.

...

It took the majority of your willpower, or, all of the willpower that you had if you had any left, to get behind the wheel and drive the short 5-minute drive to Stark Towers, because you knew that the last memories your mother had before she'd met her demise was shattered glass and the sounds of tires screeching against the concrete roads.

But finally, you brought yourself to start the engine and began driving over.

You parked your car and climbed out once you'd arrived, pushing the buttons and stepping into the elevator to get to the lounge where everyone was.

"Peter?" you croaked out as the elevator doors slid open and you took a tenative step forward. You were immediately met with several concerned-looking Avengers and an equally concerned-looking Peter Parker.

"Oh my god, Y/N. Are you...are you okay?" The worry and desperation in his voice was clear as you could see his eyes darken with concern. "Oh my god..."

Your appearance was alarming to him, but the thing that really got him terrified and sent chills running down his spine was the look in your eyes. They were red, swollen, and bloodshot, as if you hadn't slept in days. His heart squeezed in his chest at the pained expression on your face and found himself wishing that he could just bear the pain for you, because seeing you in a condition like this was almost unbearable.

Too stunned and wrecked to move, you stood there with clenched fists, biting your quivering lip and squeezing your eyes shut as you tried desperately to hold all the tears back.