told you so- steve rogers

You were just getting ready for the day, dragging a brush through your tangled hair as you stared at yourself in the mirror when you heard a knock on your door. Standing up and placing the hairbrush on your table, you stood up and went to go answer the door, opening it to find a concerned-looking Steve with his eyebrows knitted together, all suited up with his shield on his back.

"Hey. What's up?" you leaned against the doorframe as you observed him. "Something wrong?"

"Fury called us out on another mission," he sighed, rubbing his forehead with one hand. "We're leaving in less than an hour."

"Why didn't you let me know?" you questioned, raising an eyebrow in curiosity as to why he hadn't told you about the meeting beforehand.

"I didn't tell you because you're going to stay behind on this one."

"What? Why?"

"It's too dangerous. After what happened to you in Switzerland two weeks ago, I don't know if taking you along is the best option as of right now."

"I was just grazed by a bullet on the shoulder!" you exclaimed. "That's not the end of the world!"

"Including a knife wound to the stomach, a concussion, and a sprained ankle," he listed off your injuries one by one with his fingers. "Y/N. I'm just worried something's going to happen to you again, and I'm not going to let you risk your life just so you can come out with us."

"Steve," you crossed your arms and stared him down, "There are no unwounded soldiers in war. You can't always expect every person to escape unscathed."

"You know what I'm trying to tell you---"

"Just please. Let me go. You can trust me, I promise."

Your eyes flashed a dark shade of Y/E/C before returning back to normal. "Stop worrying about me so much."

"Fine," he sighed, "but you better be careful and have your comm on at all times. Understand?"

"Yes, dad," you said in a sarcastic tone, rolling your eyes. "And you know, I'm only a year younger than you...why are you acting like Tony? You're not even my father."

"You know it's because I care," he stated, rolling his eyes as well. "I'm simply making sure that you stay safe. Now hurry and suit up. Get your weapons and meet us by the hangar bay by 2 o'clock sharp."

"Yeah, alright," you nodded before going to get your suit and change.

...

Once you were all suited up, you slid on your boots and tied up your laces, making your way downstairs and getting all your weapons before heading to the hangar bay where the Quinjet was.

"Where are we going again?" Sam questioned.

"I don't know, I literally just found out that we were leaving five minutes ago," you shrugged, just as confused as he was.

"Outskirts of Munich," Bucky answered for both of you. "What is it with HYDRA and the outskirts? Sheesh."

"And that, folks, will be my fifth trip this month," Sam announced, spreading his arms out as if he was some MC on a talk show. "France, Portugal, Switzerland, Brazil, and...Germany. Wow, I'm a world traveler, if you exclude three out of those five countries that included HYDRA-based activity."

You chuckled lightly before stepping onto the ramp and boarding the jet, setting your weapons in the back to store them for the rest of the flight.

"Alright, buckle up everyone," Tony announced from the cockpit, where Clint was copiloting next to him.