a matter of trusting you- steve rogers

╒══════════════════╕

in which she lets down her

guard and trusts him with

everything she has

╘══════════════════╛

so...I've gotten more inspo...dialogue creds to CA:WS ofc :) Y/N is in Nat's place and this is an AU timeline, so things differ (instead of finding Bucky, they're on the run after a mission and staying at Sam's place for shelter)

this is mainly fluffy/soft/angst, not action-heavy at all. I think i need a break from the heavy grief-loaded oneshots. there's a super fluffy steve one coming up soon :)

why does this oneshot suck at the end omg. i apologize for my crappy writing yet agaAin

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

You winced as you made your way up the steps of Sam's porch, Steve slinging an arm across your shoulders to hold you upright and prevent you from collapsing on the ground. After narrowly escaping yet another life-or-death situation you'd been left with a sprained ankle, a deep gash in your side, and nasty hand-shaped bruises around your arms.

With little options as to where to go at the moment, you were on the run until Tony and SHIELD could get a better hold on your security and make sure you wouldn't be able to be tracked down by any HYDRA operatives, working on keeping your locations as confidential as they could. As much as you hated the situation you'd been landed in, you were still grateful that you and Steve were at least alive; though not completely in one piece.

"You okay?" Steve glanced down at you in concern when you gritted your teeth, and your knuckles started turning white from the pressure you were putting from balling your hands into fists.

"Just fine," you lied, reaching forward to ring the doorbell.

Sam peered through the window and saw the two of you standing there, opening the door with little hesitation in between.

"Hey, man."

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low," Steve apologized.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," you looked up at the Falcon. "It's too risky for us to go to SHIELD right now."

He gave you two a brief once-over before speaking.

"Not everyone."

Sam nodded and gestured for the two of you to come inside, and you slipped off your shoes and set them by the front. Before closing the door behind him, he took a quick scan of his surroundings to be sure nobody else was there, shutting all the blinds and drawing the curtains shut as well.

Steve finished washing up at the sink, wiping his face and hands with a towel as he glanced back at your tired figure sitting at the edge of the guest bed. He crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned against the doorway, watching you as you blankly stared downwards with a worn-out and solemn expression pasted onto your dirt-streaked face, unable to help but feel his heart ache at the sight a bit.

"You okay?" he asked softly.

"Yeah," you breathed out as you finished bandaging up your swollen ankle, wincing when you set it down. He set the towel in his hands off to the side before making his way over and sitting down next to you, the bed slightly creaking under his weight.