fall is here!- steve rogers

"I'm freezing," you complained, shivering and rubbing your hands together in an attempt to stay warm. It was mid-October, and your best friend, Steve, suggested that you just took a walk instead of your guys' usual morning runs. Of course, like you'd done many times before, you'd underestimated the weather and now you were deeply regretting that. "Don't know why I left all my things back at HQs except for my hat. How stupid can I be? I didn't know fall would be this cold."

"Ha, that sucks," Steve smirked at you, all bundled up in his thick jacket, with his fluffy scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Oh. You're actually freezing," his eyes widened once he noticed your lips that were tinted slightly purple and your hands that were bright red. "Here." He took off his gloves, along with his jacket. You slid in each arm into the thick parka one at a time and buttoned it up before taking the gloves and slipping them onto your hands, thankful for the added warmth that it gave you.

"But aren't you going to be cold?" you cocked your head in confusion.

"No. I have another jacket, see," he pointed to himself, "and another sweater undeneath. So I'll be fine. Anyways, you need it more than I do. I'm Captain America, I don't get sick easily."

"T-thanks," you managed to say in between chattering teeth. "Can we head back now?"

He nodded, wrapping an arm around you to keep you warm as the two of you made your way back to the Avengers compound.

"That's hot," Sam smirked as the two of you stepped through the front doors and slipped your shoes off.

"It's cold, idiot, what are you talking about," you rolled your eyes at him. "It's literally freezing out there."

"Awww...it's one of those moments where the guy gives the girl his jacket!" Peter squealed, plopping down next to where Bucky sat. "I hear about this all the time."

"Same, bro," Bucky patted Peter's shoulder.

"Y/N," Steve placed a hand on the small of your back, "why don't you go get changed first then I'll have Wanda get some hot cocoa ready for us, okay? You're going to catch hypothermia if you don't warm up soon enough."

You nodded once and headed upstairs. Once you got to your room you wasted no time in throwing your clothes off, changing into an oversized sweatshirt (you didn't know how it ended up in your room, but you didn't care because it was warm) and sweatpants, then quickly zoomed back downstairs to flop on the couch into a warm pile of pillows and blankets.

"Ahh..." you sighed as you wrapped the fleece blanket around you and snuggled into the pillows.

Steve sat down next to you and handed you a steaming hot cup of cocoa and you took it carefully with both hands, taking a sip. "Thank you."

"Mhm," he nodded, then squinted his eyes at what you were wearing. "Hey...that's my hoodie..."

"Oh, I just found it in my clean laundry pile," you shrugged. "But I can just go change if you want---"

"It's okay," he reassured you. "I'm not going to let you almost freeze again like you did out there."

"Thanks," you mumbled, pulling the sleeves over your hands and leaning back into the pillows again.

You were lucky that the nearest window wasn't too far away, giving you a clear view of the leaves falling outside in gorgeous bursts of red, orange, and yellow, gently fluttering to the ground along with the wind.

Steve watched as you looked out the window at the stunning sights that fall brought along with it, and smiled at your amazement. He noticed how your face lit up every time you saw something that excited you and thought it made you look almost angelic---