beach days are the best days- peter parker

"Guess what, you guys," Tony smiled at everyone as he walked into the kitchen to grab a soda.

"What, Dad?" you looked up from where you were petting Goose, the resident kitty. "Is it another party?"

"No..." The grin on his face widened. "I believe that we all deserve a break, so we're going to the beach."

"Ooh, sounds fun!" Thor clapped his hands together. "I must say, that the Midgardian beaches are quite nice..."

"T'Challa and Shuri are coming along as well. We'll be in Miami for eight days before our cruise to the Key West and Puerto Rico. Our flight leaves tomorrow and they'll be here..." he looked down at his watch, "any minute now."

Right on those last words, the doorbell rang. "That must be them. You guys start packing now."

"Steve?" You looked over towards the Captain. "Are you willing to team up with me for the epic sandcastle building contest so we can take my bestie Peter down?"

"I'm in," Steve gave you a fist-bump.

Peter looked at you in shock, mock-betrayal written all over his face. "How dare you turn against me!" he gasped.

"Sorry," you shrugged, trying to look innocent, "but I choose Cap."

"Hi guys!" Shuri waved, running over to pull you and Peter into a group hug. "Are you ready for the beach?"

"Heck yeah," Peter cheered. "But because Y/N here betrayed me by asking a super-soldier to help her in the sandcastle building contest, I will need you to team up with me."

"You're looking forward to going to the beach because you want to see Peter shirtless," Tony whispered into your ear as he walked by, sitting down on the couch.

You shot him a death glare, trying to ignore the fact that your face was heating up.

"Are you just going to stand there and blush, or get packing?" T'Challa smirked before getting up as well.

"Shuri," you said, looking down at the ground, "I need some help with packing."

"Sure thing," she noticed your embarrassment, and you led her to your room.

"My brother can be like...that sometimes," she chuckled as she folded a few of your shirts and put them in your suitcase. "But I have to agree...I mean, you do like Peter, right?"

"No!" you exclaimed quickly.

Shuri raised an eyebrow in suspicion at you. "Mhm...sure."

"Fine," you groaned, "but I just kind of gave up on showing it because I doubt that he even feels the same way about me."

"You know, half our text conversations are him talking about you..." she sing-songed.

You almost spit out the water you were drinking but made sure to swallow before you spoke. "What? W-well, that could just be in a friendly way, you know..."

"I mean, from the way he talked about you, I personally think it more than friendly..."

"Shut up," you mumbled, nudging her shoulder and causing her to laugh.

...

You never expected for the Avengers compound to be so noisy and chaotic at four in the morning, but when you had extra guests over and Tony was trying to pack hours before the flight, that's what you got.

You were woken up by a soft knock on your door, and when you didn't answer the first few times, the person simply stepped inside.

"Y/N?" Peter looked at your sleeping figure curled up on the bed, gently shaking you awake. "It's time to get up."