is this a cult?!- peter parker

Alongside your father, Tony Stark, the rest of the Avengers practically became your family, and they had been ever since you first joined the team. Steve, Natasha, Clint, and Rhodey were always there for you, making sure you were okay and were the ones who helped whip you up into a skilled fighter, and they almost felt like the aunt and uncle that you never had. Bruce was basically your personal doctor, checking up from time to time to make sure you were healthy and staying in good condition.

Sam, Bucky, and Pietro supplied you with a daily dose of puns and you loved them with all your heart, even if their jokes were obnoxious at times. Wanda always had the best snacks or tea ready for you at pretty much any time during the day, and was always there to talk to you if you needed her. Thor and Vision willing to go through Netflix marathons with you on late Friday nights, making them the perfect teammates to hang out with when you were bored out of your mind or if everyone else was busy.

Your best friend, Peter, was also always by your side. It didn't matter what you did throughout the day or where you went, because he'd always be there alongside you no matter the circumstance and you couldn't have been any more grateful for him than you already were.

And that was probably why you fell for him so easily. You couldn't help yourself, because you were always with him and even on missions, were paired up together so there wasn't a single day that you didn't run into him or see his face.

It didn't take long for the rest of the team to figure out about your feelings for him, either. They made a point of talking to you about him quite a bit, and in Sam's, Pietro's, and Bucky's case, made annoying 'ship' comments about the two of you. Everyone always told you that he liked you back but you chose to be wary, in the fears of getting hurt and having your heart broken.

A part of you sometimes wondered if they were right, and hoped and prayed that they were, yet you still chose to stay doubtful just in case.

So when the jokesters Bucky, Sam, and Pietro chose to start teasing you as soon as Peter walked back in from a morning run with Steve, it took a lot of your willpower not to run upstairs and scream into your pillow.

"Y/N, sweetie, your boyfriend is back!" Pietro called from the doorway as he greeted Peter and Steve.

"Shut up! We're not dating!" you yelled back at the speedster.

"Yep, what she said," Peter agreed, "we're not dating."

"But you wish!"

"No!"

"No!" you repeated after him.

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes---"

"Sweetheart, Maximoff," Tony said as he walked into the room, dressed up casually for some odd reason, spreading sunscreen across his face, "stop your bickering and everyone go get changed."

"Why?"

"We're going on a short family bonding hiking trip down to the beach," he announced.

"Oh my god," you and Peter's heads immediately whipped around to meet each other's gaze, "it's a cult!"

"I don't think it's a cult---" Steve began.

"It kind of sounds like it. I mean, look what we've been doing lately," Sam explained, "I found him, Y/N, and Pietro walking arounda piece of paper with the satanic star drawn on it, in a circle with thick blankets over their heads chanting 'Sacrifice'. We played Mario Kart. Uno. Cupcake-baking contest. Lip-sync and Just Dance battles on the Wii. Does this not sound like some sort of cult to you?"