Chapter 28

Jamie

He didn't show. Noah, I mean. Not that I expected him to, I mean, I didn't text him. But I had hoped he would show up at Jay's. And now? I am glad that he isn't here. The disappointment I felt when Zach, John, Kim and Aubrey walked in (and there was no sign of Noah) is fucking unacceptable. I hate how much it's bothering me that he didn't come. I even asked Zach if he invited Noah (he did, but Noah's going out with the Track Team tonight). What the hell is that about? Actively expressing an interest in whether or not Zach invited Noah over to Jay's is not cool. Patrick heard me asking about Noah, I caught him grinning at me. He thinks I wanna try and hook up with Noah though, that's all. But, Christ. Do I want more from Noah? No. No, I don't. I don't...

Although, it is bugging me how much I'm thinking about him. His dark hair and his dark eyes and his almost perfect body and his moody face. The way he kisses, the way he touched me, the way his lips felt on my thighs...

Jesus, I really do need to get laid. But that is most certainly not gonna happen tonight, whilst I'm having a chill night with my friends.

"How do you guys feel about having a girls night tomorrow night?" Aubrey smiles at me and Kim as she sips the cocktail Jay made her through a straw. Zach, John, Jay, Patrick and Joel are busy talking about cars at the other side of the den. A subject us girls are not particularly interested in. I'm a little surprised that John is into cars to be honest. It doesn't look like he's contributing much to their conversation though, but I guess he is good at pretending to be more knowledgeable about stuff than he actually is (cough, guitar).

"I would love that!" Kim exclaims. "I mean, this is fun and all, but we can't exactly talk about them when they're here, right?"

Aubrey laughs and nods her head in agreement. I laugh too.

"I have absolutely no problem talking about these guys while they're within earshot." I say, making no attempt to lower my voice. "But girls night tomorrow would be good, you guys could come over to my place."

"What are you saying about us?" Joel calls over curiously, and the rest of the guys turn their attention over to us girls. 

"Nothing, nothing at all!" Kim says quickly. Damn, I didn't mean to embarrass her and Aubrey in front of Zach and John. I can save this though.

"I was just telling Aubrey and Kim that I'm totally comfortable saying anything in front of you guys." I smile over at Joel, Jay and Patrick. "We were just playing a game of 'Fuck, Marry, Avoid' with you three as the subjects."

"What's that?" John looks confused. He's so innocent. Patrick, Zach and Jay laugh, Joel rolls his eyes. 

"You have to chose who you would Fuck, Marry and Avoid out of three people." Zach explains. 

"So what's the verdict?" Patrick asks, smirking at Aubrey and Kim. No, they aren't answering this, I am. 

"Easy." I say, before Aubrey or Kim have a chance to say anything. "I'd avoid Jay, for obvious reasons. I'd marry Joel, for obvious reasons. And I'd fuck you, for obvious reasons." 

I stick my tongue out at Patrick before taking a sip of my Jack and Coke, and everyone laughs. 

"Well, Jame. If we're both still single by the time we're forty, hit me up." Joel says with a laugh. 

"Uh, excuse me, I'm Jamie's back-up." Jay protests. 

"You can't be her back-up, you guys would be in a sexless marriage." Patrick points out. He is very correct. 

"Oh, like she'd have sex with Joel!" Jay comes back. 

"Good point." Joel says, wincing at the thought of fucking me. Awesome. The feeling is mutual, though.