Chapter 45

Jamie

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Why are you whispering?" Erin frowns at me over Facetime. "Who's with you right now?"

I didn't mean to whisper, but Noah's in the other room and I just don't wanna be overheard. I close the living door behind me.

"No one." I say, and I'm still pretty much whispering. Oops.

"It's Jay, isn't it?" Her face falls a little, and I'm a shit liar.

"No, Jay isn't here. It's Noah, that guy I'm writing a paper with, I told you about him, remember? He's in the kitchen."

"Aaaaah, yes. Noah. I remember. I'm still waiting for dick pics, by the way."

"Not gonna happen, Erin." I say with a sigh. "Stuff has been going on with him though, we actually just apologised to each other about some stuff, cleared the air a little. I'll text you, I don't wanna talk about it while he's here."

"Yeah, text me." She says. "So how was the beach party last night?"

"Details of the beach party will be included in my text."

"I see. So something happened with Noah?"

Not exactly, no. Shaun Campbell on the other hand...

"Erin, I'll text you. How was your party last night? Did your roommate go?" I remember Erin had sulked a little about this when I talked to her yesterday.

"No, Sarah didn't go. The party was okay. I made out with that guy I told you about. his name is Walker. I'm not sure about him, we'll see. It's a work in progress, I guess. So you're studying with Noah? You can't talk?"

"Well, he's waiting for me, so no, not really. Something on your mind?" I ask.

"No, I'm just bored. It's Sunday night and Sarah's not around. I might watch Dirty Dancing or something." She pouts, she wanted to have a long talk with me. I feel kinda bad now.

"I'll text you as soon as I can, but I don't know how soon that will be. I don't wanna be rude..." I say, glancing over at the door. I hope Noah isn't surfing through all my old photos on my laptop. I need to get back in there.

"Right, don't keep Noah waiting." Erin says, rolling her eyes at me. "There's just one more thing, though."

She looks awkward, and I can guess what this one more thing is.

"Did Jay...you know. Last night? Has he? At all?"

She wants to know if Jay has hooked up. I'm not doing this. She told me not to do this.

"Erin, you specifically asked me not to talk about him." I remind her.

"I know that! I just thought that after he heard us talking yesterday, you know, because you were stupid enough to play our entire conversation through your surround system. I thought maybe he'd wanna hook up with some girl. He heard what I said about Walker, right?" She sounds sad. So I'll give her something.

"Yeah he heard. And no, he didn't hook up." She smiles. "You are still very much on his mind, and that's the last I'll say on the subject."

"Okay, good." She's positively glowing now. "I'll let you get back to Noah then. Remember to tell me everything! Text me!"

"I will. Later, New York."

I end the call, and see that Noah has just friend requested me on Facebook, and followed me on Instagram and Twitter. I never use Twitter, I only have it because Jay made me get it. We have a band account too, so I usually just retweet stuff that Jay posts on our band account. Same goes for Instagram, and I hardly ever use Facebook either.