Chapter 76 (Noah)

Noah

I wake up, surrounded by a pile of books and my laptop. Shit. I fell asleep doing homework last night. And it's definitely morning now. I look around for my phone to check the time, but there's no sign of it.

I get up off of my bed and head through to the kitchen, feeling gross because I didn't even undress or brush my teeth before I crashed last night. Disgusting.

Madison's still here. She's dancing around the kitchen making breakfast, wearing only her underwear and one of Will's shirts. Lovely.

"Madison, you know I live here too, right?" I say, spotting my phone on the kitchen counter and walking over to retrieve it.

"Morning, Noah!" She beams at me before picking up a carton of orange juice. "Want some?"

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks." I sit down on the couch and unlock my phone.

Christ, it's 11.30am already. I didn't realise how tired I was last night. I have a new message from Zach, a message from my mom, and surprisingly a message from Sarah.

Sarah, 10:34am: Hey yank! Just wanted to tell you to enjoy the Halloween Dance tonight. Apparently Fall Out Boy are gonna be playing! I'm so jealous. Send videos xox.

How the fuck does she know that? Well, I guess Erin must have told her. And I guess Erin must have found out through Jamie, or one of the guys. Weird, I thought the band was kept top secret. Obviously not. I toss my phone down and rub my face. I gotta take a shower and brush my teeth, like, now.

"Morning, dude." Enter Will. I nod at him. "I'm gonna run over to Symposium for some real coffee, you want anything?"

"Ohmygod, my hero!" Madison exclaims, before grabbing him and kissing him on the cheek. Will looks delighted. I roll my eyes and stand up.

"No thanks, I'm gonna go take a shower. I'll maybe get coffee after." I tell him.

"Okay, lattes for two it is then." Will says, smiling down at Madison. "What are you cooking?"

"I'm scrambling some eggs." She replies, gesturing towards the stove. "Or I'm trying to at least."

Madison giggles, and Will kisses her goodbye before heading out. I head through to the bathroom, because I feel absolutely repulsive and I need to shower.

"Aren't you running today?" Madison asks as I walk past her. I stop just before the hallway.

"Yeah, I probably will. I just really gotta shower." I inform her, and she smiles at me. She's cool. Now that she's with Will, she's so much more chill than she was before. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

"Yeah?" She frowns in interest.

"Are your eyes naturally that colour?"

She giggles and nods her head. I am actually stunned. "Yeah, they are. Weird, huh? I kinda like them, though. And so does Will."

She gives me another smile before turning her attention back to the stove. Purple eyes, for real. Go figure.

"And just one more thing." I say.

"Yeah?" She calls out without turning to face me.

"I'd really appreciate it if you wore clothes around here."

She spins around to face me, throwing her hands onto her hips and cocking her head at me.

"Aww, what's the matter, Noah? Can't stand me walking around your dorm half naked?" She smiles, so I know she's only kidding. And that's not the issue at all. She's a pretty girl, sure, but I don't see her that way.

"No, it's just a little, inappropriate? Don't you think?" I say, "I doubt you'd wanna see me wondering around here in only my underwear."

She wiggles her eyebrows at me suggestively then bursts into a fit of laughter. I sigh before heading through to the bathroom, unwilling to delay that shower a second longer.