Chapter 78 (Noah)

Noah

After I'm showered and dressed (in my running clothes. I'm gonna meet Stefan for a run around the park soon) I decide I really do need coffee. Jamie still hasn't replied to the text I sent her yesterday morning, and I've decided I'm not texting her again. I asked her how she was. I asked her a question, and she chose not to get back to me. That's on her. Whatever her issue is, it's not on me. If she wants to talk to me, she knows where to find me.

Zach told me to text her again and reassure her. I was going to, I had a whole big text typed out, ready to send. But I didn't send it. I wasn't sure about it last night, but my mind's made up now. I'm not sending it. She knows this is difficult for me, the least she could do is fucking reply to me. So, until she does, that's it. The ball is officially in her court. I mean, when I see her at the dance tonight, I will talk to her. To gauge a reaction, if anything. But yeah, I need her to make a move now. I told her I liked her, I talked to her and texted her yesterday after we slept together. I've put the work in, the rest is up to her now.

I walk out into the kitchen, and see that Madison still hasn't gotten dressed. Christ. She's sitting on the couch watching TV, scrolling through her phone.

"Are you ever gonna throw some clothes on?" I ask her sarcastically.

"Shut up, I'm relaxing." She says, without looking up from her phone.

"Whatever. I'm heading out, I'll see you later."

"Later, hot stuff." I roll my eyes, and leave the dorm.

***

After my run with Stefan, I decide to stop by Zach and John's dorm before heading home. Zach's out with Kim, and John's doing homework. You know, for a change. He's very scholastic.

"Are you picking Aubrey up tonight, or what's happening?" I ask him, as he hands me a soda.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go by her dorm before the dance. Kim's going over to her friend Nikki's. We'll see them there." John smiles at me. "Jamie's going with the guys, we'll see them too."

"Yeah." I say, sipping on my soda slowly.

"So, you and Jamie...?" John raises his eyebrows at me.

"I don't know." I answer honestly. "I'll see her tonight. We'll talk. We'll see."

"We'll see?" John asks, trying not to smile too hard. He doesn't know I've slept with Jamie. He doesn't know I told her I liked her. I guess it really is obvious to fucking everyone that I do like her. I sigh.

"We'll see, John." I give him a half smile, and he nods his head at me. He knows what I'm getting at here. Even if I don't.

***

I didn't see Madison or Will again when I got home. Will text me to tell me they were going over to her parents house, to tell her mom and dad about their new relationship. I wished him good luck, and told him I'd see him at the dance. Now, I'm sitting on my couch, waiting for Zach to calm the fuck down. He's starting to piss me off.

"I mean, coffee was good with Kim today. It was really good, actually. We talked, and we laughed, and everything was great." He continues pacing back and forth in my kitchen, while nervously tugging at his collar. We're dressed and ready to go meet Stefan and some other guys from the Track Team for a few beers before heading to the dance. All I'm waiting for, is Zach to quit talking about Kim.

"And we kissed. Finally. And it was good. And she seemed happy when I left her. That's good right?" He looks like he's gonna throw up. What the fuck is wrong with him?

"When people look happy, that is normally a good thing. Yeah." I say dryly.

"Right." He runs a hand through his styled hair. I roll my eyes. If he wants to mess his hair up, that's his call. "So, what do I do now? Do I ask her out?"