Chapter 90 (Jay)

Jay

19:44pm

"Jamie, would you slow down." Erin mumbles from behind me. I ignore her and continue walking fast. It's not my fault she can't walk in those fucking red heels. I can hear her clicking behind me, I know she's struggling to keep up. I don't care.

"Jamie! Come on, you don't even know which car is Sarah's!"

Fuck, she has a point.

I stop and turn to face her. She's glaring at me, which I'm completely used to. I had to put up with this level of hatred before she moved away. And as shocked as I am that she's here, I can deal with her tonight. Jamie needs me, that's all I'm focussed on.

"Which car?" I ask her.

"That one." Erin points at the car I'm standing right next to. Great. I press the unlock button on Sarah's keys, and get into the driver's seat, barely waiting for Erin to slide into the passenger seat before starting up the engine.

"Can you just calm down? You're freaking me out." She says. She doesn't sound freaked out. She sounds angry, like usual. Again, I ignore her and concentrate on driving this car out of the NBU parking lot. I need to get to Jamie's to make sure she's okay.

Erin sighs dramatically at my lack of response, before pulling her phone out of her purse and raising it to her ear. Presumably, she's trying to call Jamie again. After about a minute, she tosses her phone back into her purse violently.

"She still isn't fucking answering." Erin mutters, more to herself than to me.

"Try Patrick again." I say. She ignores me and proceeds to stare out the window. I know this won't last. She never could bite her tounge around me. But Jamie's house is only a 5 minute drive. I won't have to put up with Erin's shit for long.

I pull into Jamie's street, and Erin finally decides she can't ignore me any longer. So predictable.

"And what's the big plan if they aren't here?" She folds her arms across her chest and glares at me. I don't turn my head to face her, but I just know she's glaring at me. It's a habit of hers.

"I don't know. Let's just see if they're here first."

"Genius."

I bite my tongue. She's not getting a rise out of me. Not tonight. Not when our best friend is MIA.

As I pull into Jamie's driveway, I already know she isn't here. Patrick's cars not here, but I park Sarah's car and get out to go in and check. I have my key to the garage. Erin follows me.

Once inside, we head up to the kitchen and Benji trots through to greet us. Erin stops to pet him, but I carry on searching the house, hoping that Jamie's moping around somewhere with a tub of Ben and Jerries.

She isn't though. Fuck. Where the hell did they go?

"Should we try Patrick's place?" Erin asks as I re-enter the kitchen.

This is the next logical thing to do, but I don't get a chance to answer her as my phone rings. It's Patrick. Finally!

"Dude, where the fuck are you? What happened back there?" I say into my phone.

"Hey, bro. Long story, but listen, Jamie's fine. I'm driving her to South Bridge as we speak -"

I cut him off. "I'm on speaker in your car?"

There's a pause. "Yeah."

Patrick sighs. Clearly, Jamie didn't want him to call me. He must have insisted. I love that guy.