1. New Job.

Esther's POV

"So you're saying you and Maxwell broke up? " Jamila asked trying to be sure.

"Jam, are you deaf?" I asked.

So Maxwell the termite was Nina's boyfriend. After she caught him cheating on her with another girl, they broke up. This is one of the reasons why relationship should be avoided.

Heartbreaks only!

May that fucker Maxwell rot in hell along with my dad who is still in shit.

Lectures were over so we were having our lunch.

"He's a douche, you'll find someone better." I assured her.
Brown wavy hair, dark blue eyes, who wouldn't fall for Nina?

Right, a blind termite.

Nina is calm at first when she meets you, but when she sees you again, she opens up and becomes fierce.

"Buy your own fries!" I groaned at Jamila and she just shrugged. I glanced at Nina who had a blank face but her eyes were swelled up with painful emotions.

Fuck you Maxwell, fuck you.

***

"Sweetie, I think you should get a job." Moma suggested when we were eating dinner. "You could work as a maid."

Maid? Did she just say maid?

I stared at my mother again hoping she was really joking.

Me? Squat on the floor and scrub it?
Me? Stand by a sink and wash utensils?

"Dear you know how college fees are.." She started again with her persuasive moves. She was right..no money no food.
No food, no aim in life.

***

"And stay out!" Yelled the grumpy old woman who slammed the door to my face.

Well, that was kind.

So this the eighth job I've been rejected. Some, I broke something, others, I was framed by their shitty children, some I just asked for food and others, more shit.

I turned myself and trekked to the junction to take a taxi. I had no place in mind to get a job and it's been four weeks.

Finally, a sensible taxi driver stopped and I got into his car for him to take me home. When he reached my home, I gave him some coins and went inside my home.

"Rejected again?" Moma asked.

"Unfortunately mom." I said and plopped into the chair.

"There's one more place you can try." She pressed.

Ughhh! Mom have mercy on me!

"Please?" She begged and I nodded.

***

The gigantic mansion stood before me like a mini heaven. The place was magnificent indeed.

Moma suggested I worked in a mansion where I'll be paid well so she gave me the address that led to here.

I need to try my best and not break anything damn I need to stop being clumsy. Again, I need to do something about my annoying side too...I need to..ignore it.

I know, I'm a genius you don't have to tell me.

"Please come inside ma'am." The guard said.

"Please call me Esther," I countered and faked a smile. I don't hate the guard or anything, its just I feel awkward when elder people are polite around me.