11. Giant

Terrance's POV

Anytime those memories approached my mind, my eyes got blood shot with unshed tears unlike how it would have been if I were a child. So I decided to do what I usually did.

I placed back the picture into the drawer and moved to the balcony. I found Esther standing there with her back facing me and she was constantly spreading her palms on her cheeks.

I furrowed my brows in confusion and walked closer to her.

"Esther?" I called with my voice drained of emotion and she spread her palm on her cheeks once more and faced me.

"Yeah?" She replied in a cracked voice which was quite unusual.

"Why are you crying? " I asked and she sighed a shaky sigh.

"If I told you the reason, will there be something you could have done?" She asked raising her brows and I went silent.

"How does it feel if you do something horrible in the past and it's gonna continue haunting you in the present and future? " She asked and tears freely flowed on her cheeks and I felt a slight ache in my heart. Shit. Why? ugh?

"What did you do?" I asked still frowning.

"I used to eat unicorns." She said pressing her lips into a thin line and my lips slightly parted.

Then she rolled her teary eyes.

"Do you think people trust others enough just to tell them anything? " She asked folding her arms together.

"Is it because of what I said?" I asked.

"Don't fool yourself Terrance, I'd never cry over you." She sniffed.

She was right. You can't trust anyone that easily and besides, why should I even care whether she's crying or not?

Because it pains you to see her sad.

Fuck off.

She turned herself making her back face me again and she drowned her eyes into the pitch black sky as the air blew her chestnut ponytail. My body wanted to moved to her back and embrace her but I felt stiff.

I went to my room and sat on my bed as sleep refuse to come to me.

"Oh fuck it!" I growled climbing out of bed back to the balcony dragged her backwards and embraced her. I allowed her to cry into my chest.

***
Esther's POV

I stood on the tall table and lifted the cobweb cleaner to clean the new ones. I was drowned in thoughts that I cleared every conner.

I shouldn't have stabbed him. But he wanted to force himself on me! I told my dad several times but he brushed it off.

What a sensible, useful dad.

At age 15, I attempted murder.
Fuck.

But unfortunately the person I stabbed didn't die(not that I wanted him to die.)and now he's back.

Now Esther, you need to relax, Don't be afraid, you're fearless and you better concentrate on the cobwebs before-

I dropped the cobweb cleaner and gasped loudly when I fell into some muscular arms as I wrapped my arms around the person's neck.

I slowly opened my obsidian eyes to look into the familiar pale green ones which were giving me a blank look.

I wanted to to stay like this, in warmth but instead of my heart to shut up, it was thumping.