5. Hug Me

Terrance's POV

"Understand Terrance?" My dad asked and I nodded. That was his dream, to hand over the company with me but that doesn't mean I get it on a silver platter.

That's explains why throughout my 21 years of life, my father has been keen on business stuff to me and I have to problem with it, as long as wherever my mother is, she's proud.

"Your mother would have been proud if she was still alive." He countered and tapped my shoulder, slightly looking down to me since he was inches taller.

"You can go." He dismissed me and I left his office. When I ran down the stairs, I didn't see Esther-

Oh yes! Esther.

This is one of the most fearless women I've ever seen apart from my mother. I was so annoyed with her (Esther) to the extent that I didn't even realise her beauty.

When I looked into her eyes, I saw all the bravery swelled up in it. But I hate the fact that she can stand up to me. I thought she'll be one of those shy and timid but she isn't. She's different.

In a nervy annoying way.

Today, I was going out with my dudes so I sauntered outside to me car and I saw Esther standings by it, wearing a pair of jeans and a tank top.

Thankfully, I didn't bring any food, this girl is crazy.

"What are you doing here? " I sneered and she stood upright and walked towards me.

"Martha had sent me to buy some groceries from the mall." She explained.

"So get a taxi?" I reasoned and she rolled her obsidian eyes.

"And why will I get a taxi if someone will give me a free ride?" She inquired folding her arms.

"And who'll give you a free ride?" I questioned folding my arms as well.

"Uhh..you?" She deadpaned.

"And what makes you think I'll do that? " I asked. She scoffed and snatched my car keys, unlocked the car, and sat at the passenger seat.

See what I was talking about?

I took my seat, closed the door and turned on the ignition. I groaned when she crossed her short legs on the dash board.

"Put your legs down." I instructed looking briefly at her.

"On one condition." She informed and I scoffed. I then realised that I had no other way to let her put her legs down.

"What?!" I gritted focusing on the road.

"You shop with me at the mall." She announced. At that moment, I felt like opening the door at her side and pushing her.

What do you think?

"Hell no." I declined.

"Then shut up and let me put my legs here." She said.

"Fine I'll do it! Put down your legs!" I gave in and she did it giggling.

Damn even though I was mad, I loved her laugh.

***

When we got to the mall, we got out of the car and she shut the car door rather too loudly.

"Can you close the door gently next time?" I groaned.

"Can you talk more gently to me all the time?" She asked and I ignored her question. When we became and arms length close, it was as if she saw someone behind me and her eyes widened.

Before I could turn, she hugged my torso and buried her face in my chest. "Hug me." She muffled and I started to tense.

"What the.."

"Just hug me back!" She cut me off and I awkwardly hugged her back and wished we could stay like this. She was shaking which was quite strange.

What was wrong with her? And who is she hiding from?

We both pulled away and I stared down at her.

"What's going on? Why did you hug me?" I demanded.

"Why did you also hug me back? "She also asked and I gave her the 'wtf' look.

Before I could reply, " You know what? Let's go inside before you loose this argument." I followed her thinking about what or who she was hiding from.

***

We had been shopping for numerous hours and I was sure there was no way I could go out with the guys.

Esther had shopped and shopped and shopped and shopped for things more than groceries.

"Oh yes! I need these too." She countered and dropped three packets of singlets into the cart. I felt like strangling her there and then.

"Are you done now?" I asked glaring down at her.

"No," she replied not looking at me and she loaded more stuff. I then decided it was payback time. She had been tearing my nerves for too long.

I was sure the money Martha gave her was only enough for groceries so when she wasn't looking at me, I dashed out of the mall to my car to wait for her.

After several minutes, she came out with shopping bags in her hand and a guy was bringing them for her.

For some reason, I felt like getting out and punching the guy but one thing was what I should be worried about issues how she got money to buy all that.

"Thanks buddy." She passed the man a smile and shut the door, loudly, again.

"Here's your credit card, completely drained of money. She chuckled giving it back to me.

"How. The. Fuck. Did. You. Get. my. Credit. Card?" I growled.

"No one asked you to hug me."she shrugged.

"But you-"

"I don't remember! La! La! La!" She shouted I groaned.

Damn I didn't know what to do I wish I could-

"Look, you better drive before you plan to make me stand in front of your car and drive over me. " She said reading my mind.

***

We finally got home and I pulled my exhausted self out of the car. Esther yawned on the other hand as we went inside.

"Esther, I told you you buy a few groceries, what's all this?" She asked when Esther rushed ahead of me.

"Oh actually, sir Terrance offered me a ride there and when we got there, he made me do some extra shopping " She explained obviously lying and I bore the 'wtf' at the back of her head.

"Oh ok." Martha said looking briefly at me.

Esther, you're fucking gonna regret.

______________________________