48. Truth It Is!

Karen above

Karen's POV.

Just like Terrance and the others, I had also not slept a wink because of Esther. Thankfully, she had a safe delivery but the doctor said she needed to be there for a bit.

I was about to leave my room when I opened the door, there stood Silas who I looked up at. Ever since we kissed, I had tried my very best to ignore him but now, I can't escape, he's here. I'm stuck.

''What are you doing here?" I demanded. He ignored my question, entered my room and closed the door and my heart thumped in my chest.

"Why do I have a feeling that you're ignoring me?" He asked deeply as he came closer to me.

"Um..I don't know?" I replied taking a step back but Silas will always come forward.

"Then stop ignoring me." He whispered.

"No." I said all of a sudden.

"No? But do you really hate me?" He asked.

"Silas go back." I said poking out my index finger with a warning looking even though my insides were spinning.

"Karen talk to me." He said still coming closer to me. When he was finally too close to me, I moved back and little and my knees bended on the bed.

I clutch to his shirt making him fall on me and I blushed embarrassed.

"Just admit Karen, you like me right?" He slowly grazed his lips on my ear and I shivered.

"No..I..I don't." I lied.

''Are you sure?" He asked and I didn't respond. I just hope that my heart which was pounding would be a hint.

"OK then," He smirked and my breath hiked. Mainly because his hand slipped into my blouse.

"Silas, what are you doing?" I asked shifting back on the bed but he moved forward till were were both lying fully on the bed. His soft lips was still at my ear and his hand was still under my blouse whiles I was still holding his shirt.

"You didn't answer my question." He whispered brushing his lips down my earlobe.

"You like me right?" He asked.

"No." I lied again.

"So.." He began. His slid his hand on my belly, making the insides of my stomach compress into a knot.

"Why would you take a bullet for me?" He asked when his hand were inches away from my bra.

"I..I don't know." I replied breathlessly.

He chuckled briefly and put his face in my neck."You don't know?" He  asked and his lips brushed my throat, down to the hollow of my neck. An almost audible moan climbed out of my mouth when he found a spot on my skin and gently bit and sucked it.

He stopped and brought his nose to lean on mine.

"Tell me Karen." He begged huskily and I blushed slightly when he caught me staring at his tempting  lips. They cracked into a smirk and he briefly spied mine.

"I..I don't like-" And he placed his lips on mine. After reading a few seconds, he pulled away and laid his nose on mine.

"Mhm? You were saying? You don't like?" He quirked his brows and I tried to breathe well.

You have a nose Karen! Breathe!

"I..I said." My throat was drained of any form of moisture and my heart was literally palpitating.