40. Heartache and Anger.

Esther's POV.

 I weakly opened my eyes with a severe pain in my head and an ache in my neck due to the way I tilted my head when I slept. I groaned and tried to raise my hand to touch my head but I couldn't.

My body was tied to a chair and my mouth was covered with a duct tape. Where I sat, I sensed the severe unpleasant scent of petrol.

So basically I had been kidnapped in case you didn't know what I meant.

Anyway, I came to know more about my situation when I saw three hefty looking (Probably hefty too) with guns in their hands standing away from me.

They seem friendly don't you think?

"She's awake." One announced. I suddenly heard footsteps coming towards me and my eyes widened at the macho man who squatted in front of me. He placed his hand at the end of the duct tape and whacked it off harshly, making me wince.

"Ouch! Be gentle next time!" I groaned. "Okay hey guys, I'm just a little innocent girl who had been mistakenly kidnapped so please can you return me back home? I miss my husband, friends and families and also can you untie this rope so that I can get these snacks out of my pockets and eat? Or maybe you could reach my pockets and do it for me I'm hungry as hell. Also can I get some water and painki-"

"SHUT UP!" One of them bawled, firing a gun in the air making me gasp.

"If you didn't want me to talk, you shouldn't have removed this duct tape because I have a lot of questions to ask. Why the fuck am I here first of all , what do you guys want from a useless girl like me?.." I kept rambling out questions and they looked like they wished they didn't kidnapped me.

"Yeah, so take me back to my husband, well yeah I tried running away but then I realized my mistake of doing that so I was about to go to him when one of you grabbed me so please just-"

My words stopped midway when the macho man in front of me slapped me..really really hard and my cheek tinged of intense pain. The tight slap echoed in the old abandoned warehouse.

"That shut her up but if boss finds out you slapped-"

"What the fuck just happened?!" A familiar deep voice boomed  and I looked over the room. What I saw rendered me shocked and to add more to it, the macho man who slapped me was shot at his glabella.

He ordered the two other men to drag the lifeless body away as I sat there trembling. For the second time in my life, I had been slapped well since the first one was a dream. Again, I had witnessed another murder. Okay the first one didn't happen. Fuck I'm confused because he had finally come back,

Hulio São Tomé.

 He blew off the pistol and bent in front of me.

"Hello, Sweetheart." He smirked wickedly.

***

Terrance's POV.

"Terrance, you need to calm down and sit." Karen said worriedly.

"Calm down? What the fuck? How the fuck do you fucking expect me to calm the fuck down? Its been three fucking hours and there's no sign of my wife and what if she's in danger? Huh?!" I snarled and she rubbed her forehead.

"What the-" I paused when my phone rang. I quickly moved towards it, and took it hoping it was Esther calling but I remembered she left her phone here when I discovered that the caller was an unknown number.

I frowned in confusion and picked up the call. I could here soft feminine sobs from the other end and my heart ached when I found out who it was.

"Esther? Where are you? Why are you crying?" I asked softly. She didn't say anything but she continued to sob.